Loaded Chunky Cookies 3 Ways
This fabulous cookie dough recipe makes enough for several batches of cookies. There's plenty of room for you to be creative with the mix-ins. For me, it makes three cookies in one...gotta love a versatile cookie batter! I've tweaked the ingredient amounts quite a bit, so, I could use one cookie batter for several different cookies, making everybody's favorite in one batch.
This Cookie Dough is Very Easy to Make
This made from scratch cookie dough is very forgiving, and using fresh dairy, you can keep this dough tightly covered, and stored in the fridge for up to a week. Then, you can scoop and bake fresh cookies when you're ready for them. There's nothing like the smell of freshly baked cookies, and I'll give you three flavor options for this one batch. The possibilities are endless.
To the first bowl: Add 1 cup of milk chocolate covered toffee bits, 1 cup of toasted hazelnuts and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips. Mix well.
To the second bowl: Add 1 cup of dried cherries, 1 cup of white chocolate chips and one cup of toasted macadamia nuts. Mix well.
To the third bowl: Add 1 cup of Reese's pieces, 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter chips. Mix well.
After Mixing in the Goodies it's Time to Bake the Cookies
Once mixed, you'll drop the dough onto the cookie sheets and bake until golden. You can use a Tbsp, a small ice cream or cookie scoop for this step. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes then cool completely. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate and garnish, if desired. It's a fun way to make 2-3 dozen of three different cookies.
If you'd like to drizzle the cookies with chocolate, melt ½ cup of either white or milk chocolate respectively, in a microwave safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons of cream to each flavor, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies and let them dry completely before stacking and storing. Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Chunky Cookies 3 Ways
- 5 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Cookie #1: 1 cup of milk chocolate covered toffee bits 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, 1 cup of toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Cookie #2: 1 cup of dried cherries 1 cup of white chocolate chips, 1 cup of toasted chopped macadamia nuts
- Cookie#3: 1 cup of Reese's pieces and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- Additional ½ cup of each flavor of baking chips plus 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream to thin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Spread hazelnuts and macadamia nuts on a baking pan. Toast for 6-8 minutes, stirring as needed, then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter on medium speed until light fluffy.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until creamy and combined. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lower the speed of the mixer then add the sifted dry ingredients gradually, beating well after each addition. Stop and scrape the bowl periodically. Continue to beat just until fully combined. The batter will be thick and creamy.
- Divide batter into three separate mixing bowls.
- To the first bowl: Add 1 cup of milk chocolate covered toffee bits, 1 cup of toasted hazelnuts and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips. Mix well.
- To the second bowl: Add 1 cup of dried cherries, 1 cup of white chocolate chips and one cup of toasted macadamia nuts. Mix well.
- To the third bowl: Add 1 cup of Reese's pieces, 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter chips. Mix well.
- Drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets using a Tbsp, small ice cream or cookie scoop. Leave 2 inches between each cookie.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes them remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To glaze: Place ½ cup additional baking chips (each flavor) in 3 separate small microwave safe bowls. Add 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream. Melt in 30 second increments on 50% power, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Drizzle cookies, and allow to dry.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. If stacking, place wax paper between layers.
Hi Mama Howard! Thank you for visiting! A pop up ad? I don't see any when I look at my blog, they should only display at the very bottom and on the sides...hmmm...it could be your browser, they all display slightly different. Next time that happens, hover your mouse over the top right hand corner. Look for an "x" in the top corner of the ad itself, or a "close" option. It should have one. Hopefully that will help! Blessings ~ Melissa
Hey Melissa! You know that I love your blog.......but I seem to have a little problem. I may just not be dealing with it in the right way. When I try to read your recipes, an ad pops up, I can't get it to go away. It seems to just stay over the bottom part of the first recipe posted. Any ideas?