Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken And Peach Salsa – The marinade for this chili-lime chicken has a hint of sweetness with a slight bit of heat from the chili powder. The sweet and spicy Summer peach salsa is the perfect accompaniment to cool it down. Serve it as is with a salad packed with vegetables or over rice pilaf and roasted corn on the cob.
This chicken literally cooks in minutes, so it definitely falls under the category of less than 30 minute meals. When peaches are in season it’s like a match made in heaven. This same marinade would also be tasty with pork, or even for seasoning meat for kabobs. The char that the grill gives it is so flavorful and the fresh peach salsa on the side is simply perfection.Simple preparation spectacular flavors!
Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken And Peach Salsa
Servings: 4 -6
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the marinade:
- 2 tsp dark chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp key lime juice
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For the peach salsa:
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 large peaches peeled & diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeds removed & chopped
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper small dice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion small dice
- pinch of salt
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Pour over the chicken rubbing into the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Oil the grill grates and grill over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken. [until the juices run clear]
- Rest for 5 minutes then serve.
- For the salsa: Whisk together the lime juice and honey. Toss with the remaining ingredients.
- Chill covered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the chili-lime chicken. Yield: approx. 1 1/2 cups