The combination of flavors in this Grilled Chili Lime Chicken and Peach Salsa are bright and fresh. The marinade features a hint of sweetness with a slight heat from the chili powder. The sweet and spicy Summer peach salsa is the perfect accompaniment to balance the flavor. Serve it alongside a salad or grilled vegetables for a warm weather feast.
Easy Grilled Chili Lime Chicken and Peach Salsa Recipe
Once again, summer flavors rule in my kitchen. It's no secret Southerners love peaches, and when they come into season, it's my sweet pleasure to come up with dishes using them. While I'd never thumb my nose at an old fashioned peach cobbler or a decadent peaches and cream poke cake, it sure is nice to use them as part of the main dish meal, too. The salsa that accompanies this sweet and spicy chicken makes a perfect combo and it's even delicious should you decide to turn this chicken into tacos with a sprinkling of peach salsa on top. You can also serve this chicken and salsa over a bed of lettuce as a salad. Either way, the salsa will take it over-the-top.
How to Make the Best Grilled Chili Lime Chicken and Peach Salsa
This chicken literally cooks in minutes, so it definitely falls under the category of less than 30 minute meals. When peaches are in season it's like a match made in heaven. The char from grilling adds to the overall flavor and the fresh peach salsa on the side is simply perfection. Simple preparation spectacular flavors.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Grilled Chili Lime Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breasts. For the marinade you'll need dark chili powder, olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper and cilantro.
- For the Peach Salsa you'll need: Fresh lime juice, honey, jalapeno, red bell pepper, diced red onion, fresh cilantro and salt. To make it whisk together the lime juice and honey then toss with peaches, jalapeno diced red bell pepper, cilantro and salt. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving. You can make it up to 1 day in advance.
- This same chili-lime marinade would be mighty tasty with pork or used as a seasoning for beef for kabobs.
- When grilling chicken, it's important to cook it until the juices run clean or it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Allow a few minutes for the chicken to rest before serving to allow the cooking juices to redistribute.
- You can store leftover Chili Lime Chicken and Peach Salsa chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Southern Style Side Dishes to Serve with Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes are one of the easiest grilled side dishes you'll ever make, that's equally impressive for entertaining.
- A full flavored Spinach Salad with a homemade Honey Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob is buttery and sweet.
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs can be assembled in advance and then they're ready to grill alongside the chicken.
- Slow Cooked Parmesan Potatoes can simmer in your slow cooker while you go about your day.
- If you love the chili-lime combo, try it out on these Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers from Taste and See.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Chili Lime Chicken and Peach Salsa
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 pieces)
- 2 teaspoon dark chili powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon key lime juice
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Peach Salsa:
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 large peaches peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon red bell pepper small dice
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Place chicken into a shallow dish or large plastic storage bag. Pour marinade over the chicken rubbing into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To grill: Oil the grill grates and grill over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side or until the juices run clear. Adjust depending on the thickness of the chicken. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the salsa: In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey. Toss with peaches, pepper, onion, cilantro and salt.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Serve over grilled chicken. (Makes 1 ½ cups)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 911mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 676IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Fresh summer flavors, Linda ☺ Thanks!
My goodness, this sounds so delish!
Oh yay, so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks, Melissa
Made this last night for dinner....AMAZING and YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing!
Hi April! I love this dish, we enjoyed it just this week, and I had to share. 🙂 Peaches are so sweet and delicious this time of year, it's a refreshing change. We ♥ cilantro, also. Thanks for visiting, enjoy! ~ Melissa
I can't wait to try this! Me and my kids love cilantro so I am sure they will like it!
This looks so good! I am always looking for something like this. My kids love cilantro. I want to try this, I get bored with just baked chicken!
Those look so yummy!
I just visited your blog for the first time and am in love with it.
I have no clue about southern cooking (being a german-egyptian from Europe), but definitly wanna explore this butterheavy, soulsoothing food.
Greetings from Germany,
Hello Sarah! Germany is such a beautiful place, welcome. On my blog you'll find a variety of dishes, not all with butter [☺] but, delicious all the same. Feel free to visit any time you like, Melissa