- This pie can be baked in a 10 inch tart pan or a 9 inch deep dish pie pan. A 10 inch tart pan will yield a thinner pie and may need slightly less time to bake. If you bake this pie in a 9-inch deep pie pan increase the baking time to 45-50 minutes.
- It's well worth the small amount of effort it takes to roast the pecans for a deeper flavor.
- While I use dark chocolate chips, you could adapt using semi-sweet or milk chocolate if needed. I highly recommend the deep dark chocolate flavor.
- You can enjoy this pie warm with vanilla ice cream or with a big dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Other Pecan Pie Recipes to Try
- Toffee Crunch Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie Fudge from Crazy for Crust
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
Servings: 8 pieces
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust (homemade or frozen)
- 1 10 oz package dark chocolate chips divided
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped pecan pieces toasted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Chocolate Ganache Drizzle: (optional)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream for serving
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking pan. Place into a preheated 350°F oven and toast for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- To assemble the pie: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 inch deep dish pie or 10 inch tart pan with cooking spray.
- Press crust, firmly onto bottom and sides of pan. Crimp or flute edges.
- Separate chocolate chips, reserving 1 cup in a microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle remaining on bottom of crust along with toasted pecans.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with butter. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla until fully combined. Beat in melted chocolate.
- Pour filling evenly into pie crust. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set when gently shaken. (Filling may puff up while baking but, will settle as it cools)
- Cool for 2 hours on a cooling rack.
- Chocolate ganache drizzle: Melt ½ cup of dark or semi sweet chocolate chips with 3 Tbsp of heavy cream in the microwave until smooth. Heat in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Serve warm drizzled with chocolate ganache and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature,