This Reese's Peanut Butter Pie recipe is an over-the-top dessert treat that requires no baking at all. The filling is embellished with chopped peanut butter cups and it's topped with a chocolate ganache and whipped cream. It's indulgent to the very last bite.
Easy Reese's Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Each July I celebrate beginning this journey of food blogging and sharing my kitchen adventures here on my website. I've met so many wonderful foodies that love cooking and baking as much as I do through the years, for which I'm truly grateful. The very first recipe I posted with a less than stellar picture, was a recipe for peanut butter pie. I thought it fitting that as I celebrate this milestone, it would be with yet another kicked-up peanut butter pie recipe. This pie is one I've made for my family for quite some time, but I've never shared it here on my website before. The peanut butter cup fans in your life will love you for this one, it's rich and completely irresistible.
How to Make the Best Reese's Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This creamy peanut butter cup pie is delicious to the very last slice. It's a no bake dessert featuring America's favorite candy. It's ideal for every occasion from birthdays, to picnics, office parties and the holidays.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Peanut Butter Pie: One 10 inch graham cracker pie crust, plain cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar ( confectioners sugar), half and half, vanilla extract, peanut butter cups, whipped cream and melted chocolate to drizzle on top.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need to make peanut butter cup pie: You'll need a mixer either a stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, a microwave or double boiler to melt the chocolate, an offset spatula or spoon to spread the filling into the crust and a sharp knife and chopping board.
- If you'd like to make your own graham cracker crust, you can! To do so, toss 1 ½ cups of crushed graham cracker crumbs with 4 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 12-15 minutes or just until lightly golden and set. Cool completely then proceed with the filling in the recipe.
- What's the best peanut butter to make peanut butter pie? You can use any brand of peanut butter that you enjoy.
- You can use fresh whipped cream in place of whipped topping in the same amount. Keep in mind fresh whipped cream isn't as stable as Cool Whip so add it to the top just before serving.
- You could adapt this recipe using a chocolate Oreo crust, too. Again, it needs to be the larger version if purchasing a premade crust.
- After spreading the peanut butter mixture into the pie shell you should thoroughly chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2-4 hours or even overnight before slicing.
- What's the best way to decorate the top of peanut butter pie? I couldn't resist pulling out my piping bag to pipe a border of whipped cream, but feel free to finish the top just the way you like.
- The Reese's cups are halved then pressed gently into the filling to give the pie eaters a clue as to the buried treasure inside. Don't forget the drizzle of hot fudge ganache on top.
- You can store this pie in the fridge for up to one week.
- Can you freeze Reese's peanut butter pie? Yes, you can can cover and freeze this pie for up to 2 months.
More Southern Style Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Desserts to Make
When planning an event it's important to always consider your guests likes and dislikes as well as their individual dietary needs. I've yet to come across anyone who doesn't love this classic flavor combination. When I serve my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna or Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, it's always met with "oohs" and "aahs." I mean, who doesn't love a peanut butter cup? You may also love this recipe for Keto Peanut Butter Mousse from All Day I Dream About Food.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Reese's Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 10 inch graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped chocolate peanut butter cups plus 3 full size cut in half for garnishing (optional)
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed plus additional for the decorating the top
- Optional chocolate drizzle
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted with 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, half and half and vanilla continuing to beat until smooth.
- By hand fold in chopped peanut butter cups and whipped topping. Mix well then spread evenly in pie crust.
- Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on 50% power or using the melt function until completely smooth. Stir well.
- Frost with melted chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts. Decorate with additional whipped cream and arrange halved peanut butter cups on top, if desired.
- Chill for at least 2-4 hours before cutting.
- Store leftover pie covered and chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Please note: This recipe calls for a larger 10 oz pie crust. The filling is generous and a standard premade graham cracker crust will be too small.
- Can I make my own graham cracker crust? Yes, you can! To do so, toss 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs with 4 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 12-15 minutes or just until lightly golden and set. Cool completely then proceed with the filling in the recipe.