This Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie is an over-the-top dessert that requires no baking at all. The filling is embellished with chopped peanut butter cups and it’s topped with a chocolate ganache and whipped cream. It’s indulgent to the very last bite.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
Soon I’ll be celebrating eight years of blogging and sharing my kitchen adventures here on my website. I’ve met so many wonderful foodies that love cooking and baking as much as I do through the years, for which I’m truly grateful. The very first recipe I posted, with a less than stellar picture, was peanut butter pie. I thought it fitting that as I celebrate this milestone, it would be with yet another kicked up peanut butter pie recipe. This pie is one I’ve made for my family for quite some time but, I’ve never shared it here on my website before.The peanut butter cup fans in your life will love you for this one, it’s rich and completely irresistible.
Have Fun When Decorating The Top
I couldn’t resist pulling out my piping bag to pipe a border of whipped cream but, feel free to finish the top just the way you like. The Reese’s cups are halved then pressed gently into the filling to give the pie eaters a clue as to the buried treasure inside.
Other Chocolate-Peanut Butter Desserts To Try
When planning an event always consider your guests likes and dislikes. I’ve yet to come across anyone who doesn’t love this classic flavor combination. When I serve my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna or Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, it’s always met with “oohs” and “aahs.” You may also love these Peanut Butter Pie Parfaits from Inside BruCrew Life or Ultimate Reese’s Brownies from Crazy For Crust.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Reese's Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 10 inch graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped chocolate peanut butter cups plus 3 full size cut in half for garnishing (optional)
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed plus additional for the decorating the top
- Optional chocolate drizzle
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted with 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, half and half and vanilla continuing to beat until smooth.
- By hand fold in chopped peanut butter cups and whipped topping. Mix well then spread evenly in pie crust.
- Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on 50% power or using the melt function until completely smooth. Stir well.
- Frost with melted chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts. Decorate with additional whipped cream and arrange halved peanut butter cups on top, if desired.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before cutting.