Easy Banana Cream Pie Recipe
How to Make the Best Mile High Banana Cream Pie Recipe
This mile high banana pudding pie recipe is my tribute to old fashioned no bake banana cream pie. It's unapologetically tall and gloriously simple to prepare. It's just never a disappointment. The top is covered with a mountain of fresh banana slices with a fluffy cloud of whipped topping.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Easy Banana Cream Pie: One baked deep dish pie shell, one box Dream Whip dry whipped topping mix, half and half, instant vanilla pudding mic, instant banana pudding mix, vanilla extract, cream cheese, whipped cream and fresh banana slices.
- What is Dream Whip? It's a dry whipped topping mix that adds volume, stability and flavor to the banana pudding filling for this pie. It's readily available on the baking aisle of most grocery stores including places like Target and Walmart. It' why this pie is referred to as "mile high."
- You can toss the bananas with a small amount of lemon juice to delay browning. It's also important to keep them well covered so no air can get to them.
- If your prefer to use fresh whipped cream for the top you can. Please note when doing so, it's not as stable as Cool Whip. I would wait to add the top banana layer and frost with whipped cream just before serving.
- The banana pudding filling for this pie is generous by design. If you prefer, you could divide it between two baked pie shells and make two banana cream pies.
- You can make this pie one day in advance and cover with plastic wrap or store in a pie saver in the refrigerator,
- Leftover Banana Cream Pie will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Southern Pie Recipes to Make
When you're in a tizzy trying to decide the best dessert to make, you can never ever go wrong with pie. More delicious pie recipes you may like to try:
- Being a fan of all things banana pudding you may like to try my recipe for No Bake Banana Pudding Pie,
- If you're a coconut lover, checkout my recipe for Mile High Coconut Cream Pie.
- Decadent homemade Butterscotch Pie.
- This retro Millionaire Pie is always delicious.
- Streusel topped Southern Sweet Potato Pie recipe.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Magnolia.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Mile High Banana Cream Pie
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell baked and cooled
- 1 2.5 oz box Dream Whip
- 2 ¾ cups half and half divided
- 1 3.4 oz box banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 large bananas sliced
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Bake pie shell per package directions. Cool completely before filling.
- To prepare the filling: Using an electric mixer, whip together both envelopes of whipped topping mix with 1 cup of half and half for 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Add both packages of instant pudding, 1 ¾ cups of half and half and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whip for another 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add the whipped cream cheese and whip for another 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy and fully combined.
- Spread half of the filling in the bottom of the pie shell. Slice one banana and arrange on top pressing into the filling. Cover the bananas with the remaining filling.
- Cover and chill completely for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange the remaining sliced bananas on top and cover with whipped topping. Slice and serve immediately.