Shake-up your summer pasta salad menu with this Greek Pasta Salad. Dressed with a tangy vinaigrette, it’s the ideal side dish for outdoor warm weather dining.
Easy Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
This Greek Pasta Salad features many of the flavors we know and love from the Mediterranean region and turns them into a fresh take on a pasta salad. In the South, we often reach for mayonnaise when it comes to dressing pasta salads but, sometimes it’s nice to have something a little different, isn’t it? Feta cheese, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes are tossed together with a simple, but flavorful vinaigrette. It’s a snazzy side dish that will compliment any meal. How to make Greek Pasta Salad: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Pasta – In a medium size pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water per the instructions on the box until al dente. Drain well.
- Sundried Tomatoes – Soak the sun dried tomatoes in lukewarm water for 5 minutes then rinse and dice.
- Dressing – Whisk together dressing mix, oil, vinegar, parsley, sugar. garlic and oregano. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Combine – Add cooked pasta, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, onion, pepper, olives, green onion and feta to the bowl. Mix well. (Reserve a small amount of cheese and green onion for garnishing.)
- Refrigerate – Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir and top with reserved feta and green onions to garnish. Store leftovers chilled.
How to Make the BEST Greek Pasta Salad
- Ingredients for the salad: Rotini pasta, artichoke hearts, yellow bell pepper, red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives and green onions. (See recipe for dressing ingredients)
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, pasta pot, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, whisk and large spoon.
- I recommend that you prepare this salad and let the ingredients marinate overnight for the most robust flavor.
- You can use another type of pasta for this recipe. Cavatappi has ridges that really clings to the sauce and would be a great swap out for rotini.
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions in salted water just until al dente. Drain well before adding to the other ingredients. Al dente has the best texture.
- In this recipe, you can take a shortcut and use a prepared salad Italian dressing fro mthe grocery store. Use your favorite brand and you’ll be pleased with the flavor.
- You may adapt the mix-ins to suit your taste. If you prefer red bell pepper can be used in place of yellow bell pepper.
- The flavors in this salad are so vibrant. They only become better the longer it sits making it ideal for make-ahead preparation. You can make it one day in advance prior to serving.
- The sundried tomatoes add texture and color. Soaking them removes excess oil from overtaking the flavors of the salad as a whole.
- Allow ample time for the salad to chill so the flavors can come together.
- Store Greek Pasta Salad chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Make
- You may also like to try my Pizza Pasta Salad
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad.
- Warm weather barbecues and backyard soirees are made for homemade side dishes like Homestyle Macaroni Salad.
- This vibrant Cornbread Salad is a stunning addition to the table.
- Grilled Corn Avocado Salad
- Colorful Seven Layer Salad.
- Mediterranean Penne Pasta Salad is filled with ham and asparagus.
- Asparagus Salad from Skinnytaste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Greek Pasta Salad
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 ( 0.7 oz) packet Italian salad dressing mix [I used Good Seasons]
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried or fresh parsley flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (6.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- In a medium size pot cook the pasta in boiling salted water per the instructions on the box until al dente. Drain well.
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in lukewarm water for 5 minutes then rinse and dice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together dressing mix, oil, vinegar, parsley, sugar. garlic and oregano. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add cooked pasta, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, onion, pepper, olives, green onion and feta to the bowl. Mix well. (Reserve a small amount of cheese and green onion for garnishing.)
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir and top with reserved feta and green onions to garnish.
- Store leftovers chilled.