Easy Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
This Greek Pasta Salad features many of the flavors we know and love from the Mediterranean region and turns them into a fresh take on a pasta salad. In the South, we often reach for mayonnaise when it comes to dressing pasta salads but, sometimes it's nice to have something a little different, isn't it? Feta cheese, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes are tossed together with a simple, but flavorful vinaigrette. It's a snazzy side dish that will compliment any meal.
How to Make the BEST Greek Pasta Salad
- Ingredients for the salad: Rotini pasta, artichoke hearts, yellow bell pepper, red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives and green onions. (See recipe for dressing ingredients)
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Medium bowl, pasta pot, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, whisk and large spoon.
- I recommend that you prepare this salad and let the ingredients marinate overnight for the most robust flavor.
- You can use another type of pasta for this recipe. Cavatappi has ridges that really clings to the sauce and would be a great swap out for rotini.
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions in salted water just until al dente. Drain well before adding to the other ingredients. Al dente has the best texture.
- In this recipe, you can take a shortcut and use a prepared salad Italian dressing fro mthe grocery store. Use your favorite brand and you'll be pleased with the flavor.
- You may adapt the mix-ins to suit your taste. If you prefer red bell pepper can be used in place of yellow bell pepper.
- The flavors in this salad are so vibrant. They only become better the longer it sits making it ideal for make-ahead preparation. You can make it one day in advance prior to serving.
- The sundried tomatoes add texture and color. Soaking them removes excess oil from overtaking the flavors of the salad as a whole.
- Allow ample time for the salad to chill so the flavors can come together.
- Store Greek Pasta Salad chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Make
- You may also like to try my Pizza Pasta Salad
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad.
- Warm weather barbecues and backyard soirees are made for homemade side dishes like Homestyle Macaroni Salad.
- This vibrant Cornbread Salad is a stunning addition to the table.
- Grilled Corn Avocado Salad
- Colorful Seven Layer Salad.
- Mediterranean Penne Pasta Salad is filled with ham and asparagus.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Greek Pesto Pasta from Well Plated.
Greek Pasta Salad
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 ( 0.7 oz) packet Italian salad dressing mix [I used Good Seasons]
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (6.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced yellow pepper
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- In a medium size pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water per the instructions on the box until al dente. Drain well.
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in lukewarm water for 5 minutes then rinse and dice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together dressing mix, oil, vinegar, parsley, sugar. garlic and oregano. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add cooked pasta, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, onion, pepper, olives, green onion and feta to the bowl. Mix well. (Reserve a small amount of cheese and green onion for garnishing.)
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir and top with reserved feta and green onions to garnish.
- Store leftovers chilled.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1mg