Feta cheese, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes are tossed together with a simple, but flavorful vinaigrette. It’s a snazzy side dish that will compliment any meal.
Greek Pasta Salad
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: 4-5 cups
- 2½ cups of dry rotini pasta
- 1 0.7 oz. packet Italian salad dressing mix [I used Good Seasons]
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 [6.5 oz] jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & roughly chopped
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced yellow pepper
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- In a medium size pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water per the instructions on the box until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in lukewarm water for 5 minutes then rinse.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and the diced vegetables to the dressing.
- Drain the pasta well then add to the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and allow to cool slightly.
- Lastly, add the sliced green onions and crumbled feta cheese.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir and top with additional crumbled feta and sliced green onion to garnish.