Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad turns cheese tortellini into a mouthwatering dish super charged with flavor. Cooked cheese tortellini is mixed with everything we love about a supreme pizza then, it's tossed with robust Italian seasonings and dressing. This cheesy pasta salad can be served as a festive side dish, a light meal or as a salad for your game day menu.
Easy Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad Recipe
When it comes to pizza, we have a tendency to lean to the supreme flavor combo. For us that means, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, sometimes salami, and plenty of cheese. Dishes in the MSSK recipe index we love are my Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake, Stuffed Pizza Rolls and Supreme Pizza Dip perfect for casual entertaining. It's a flavor combo that always fills hungry tummies making it a regular combination used in my kitchen.
How to Make the Best Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad ~ Refrigerated tortellini, cherry tomatoes, fresh portabella mushrooms, sliced black olives, sliced pepperoni, red onion, green bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, Italian parsley, shaved Parmesan for garnishing and bottled Italian dressing.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need ~ A pasta pot or large pot for cooking the tortellini, measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, large mixing bowl, sharp knife and cutting board and a large spoon for stirring it all together.
- Best Tortellini To Use ~ I use Buitoni as it's readily available in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. I've also made this using dry cheese tortellini and frozen cheese tortellini with great success.
- Best Italian Dressing To Use ~ You can have fun here. Use your favorite brand or if you're like me, go with the very best quality that's on sale for the week. You can always adjust seasonings and tweak to your taste.
- Make It In Advance ~ This is one of those salads that the flavors become even more robust the longer it sits. To give it a fresh look, toss additional chopped parsley in just before serving for a pop of color.
- Store leftovers ~ Store Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Southern Style Pasta Salad Recipes to Make
While we're known most often in the South for comfort foods, trust me, Southerners eat a variety of foods just like any other place in the country. Our foods are heavily influenced by those who settled here and Italian food in any and every form, is a hot favorite all over the South.More pasta salad recipes to try:
- BLT Layered Pasta Salad is a fusion salad featuring the best of a BLT and pasta.
- Italian Spaghetti Salad with Spinach can be served warm or chilled.
- Homestyle Macaroni Salad is a picnic favorite.
- Layered Southwestern Cheese Tortellini Salad is another fun way to include tortellini in a side dish.
- This homemade Chicken Pasta Salad can serve as a side dish or a light meal on a busy day.
- Penne Pasta Salad from Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz fresh portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups bottle prepared Italian dressing (light or full fat)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- shaved Parmesan for garnishing
- In a large pot cook the tortellini in boiling salted water per the package instructions. Drain well.
- Place cooked tortellini into large mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined and ingredients are fully distributed.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight prior to serving garnished with shave Parmesan, if desired.
I made this last Saturday for a dish to pass at a party, it was a very big hit. Everyone love it. Thank you I will be making this again.
Wonderful, thanks so much!