Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad turns cheese tortellini into a mouthwatering dish super charged with flavor. Cooked cheese tortellini is mixed with everything we love about a supreme pizza then, it's tossed with robust Italian seasonings and dressing. This cheesy pasta salad can be served as a festive side dish, a light meal or as a salad for your game day menu.
We Have a Thing with Supreme Pizza
When it comes to pizza, we have a tendency to lean to the supreme flavor combo. For us that means, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, sometimes salami, and plenty of cheese. Dishes in the MSSK recipe index we love are my Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake, Stuffed Pizza Rolls and Supreme Pizza Dip perfect for casual entertaining. It's a flavor combo that always fills hungry tummies making it a regular combination used in my kitchen.
Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad
- Best Tortellini To Use ~ I use Buitoni as it's readily available in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. I've also made this using dry cheese tortellini and frozen cheese tortellini with great success.
- Best Italian Dressing To Use ~ You can have fun here. Use your favorite brand or if you're like me, go with the very best quality that's on sale for the week. You can always adjust seasonings and tweak to your taste.
- Make It In Advance ~ This is one of those salads that the flavors become even more robust the longer it sits. To give it a fresh look, toss additional chopped parsley in just before serving for a pop of color.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
While we're known most often in the South for comfort foods, trust me, Southerners eat a variety of foods just like any other place in the country. Our foods are heavily influenced by those who settled here and Italian food in any and every form, is a hot favorite all over the South. For those of you who find yourself gravitating to Mediterranean inspired flavors, you may like to try is this Italian Pasta Salad using penne pasta from Jo Cooks or a simple Greek Tortellini Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Tortellini Salad
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 8 oz block mozerella cheese cubed
- 8 oz fresh portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 3.5 oz package pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 16 oz bottle prepared Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- shaved Parmesan for garnishing
- In a large pot cook the tortellini in boiling salted water per the package instructions. Drain well.
- Place cooked tortellini into large mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined and ingredients are fully distributed.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight prior to serving garnished with shave Parmesan, if desired.