Sweet Pea Salad is a classic side dish that both simple and delicious. The easy to find ingredients begin with frozen petite peas embellished with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, green onion and a homemade dressing chock-full with pizzazz. The incredible flavor combination keeps it on the regular side dish rotation in my kitchen.
Sweet Pea Salad: Should you Use Frozen or Canned Peas?
If you've ever seen recipes for classic pea salads they often use canned peas. Although I am a huge fan of pea salad, I prefer the taste and texture of frozen petite or baby peas, instead of the canned variety when I prepare this classic side salad. Super easy to make this pea salad can literally be whipped-up in very little time with very little effort. I think it gets even tastier the longer it sits and the flavors have an opportunity to really combine. If you're a cheese and bacon fan you c adjust the amounts to suit your personal taste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet Pea Salad
- 1 24 oz package frozen petite or baby peas
- 1 ½ cup real mayonnaise or Miracle Whip dressing
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar, adjust to taste omit if using Miracle Whip
- 2 tsp Mrs Dash Original Blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- table salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 4 oz diced pimentos drained reserve 1 Tbsp juice
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 2 large eggs boiled, peeled & chopped
- To thaw the peas, place into a colander and run under hot water for around 1-2 minutes. Drain well. (Alternately thaw in microwave)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, Mrs Dash, garlic powder, onion powder and celery salt.
- Adjust the table salt and black pepper to your taste. Add the pimentos plus 1 Tbsp of reserved juice. Mix well.
- Add the blanched peas and the remaining ingredients. Reserve a few bacon crumbles, shredded cheese and sliced onions for garnishing.
- Use a large spatula to gently fold together until the ingredients have combined.
- Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.