Sweet Pea Salad is a classic side dish that both simple and delicious. The easy to find ingredients begin with frozen petite peas embellished with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, green onion and a homemade dressing chock-full with pizzaz. The incredible flavor combination keeps it on the regular side dish rotation in my kitchen.
If you’ve ever seen recipes for classic pea salads they often use canned peas. Although I am a huge fan of pea salad, I prefer the taste and texture of frozen petite or baby peas, instead of the canned variety when I prepare this classic side salad. Super easy to make this pea salad can literally be whipped-up in very little time with very little effort. I think it gets even tastier the longer it sits and the flavors have an opportunity to really combine. If you’re a cheese and bacon fan you c adjust the amounts to suit your personal taste.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet Pea Salad
- 1  oz package frozen petite or baby peas
- 1 1/2 cup real mayonnaise or Miracle Whip dressing
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar [or to taste omit if using Miracle Whip]
- 2 tsp Mrs Dash Original Blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- table salt & black pepper to taste
- 1  oz diced pimentos drained reserve 1 Tbsp juice
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 2 large eggs boiled, peeled & chopped
- To thaw the peas, blanch in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, Mrs Dash, garlic powder, onion powder and celery salt.
- Adjust the table salt and black pepper to your taste. Add the pimentos plus 1 Tbsp of reserved juice. Mix well.
- Add the blanched peas and the remaining ingredients. Reserve a few bacon crumbles, shredded cheese and sliced onions for garnishing.
- Use a large spatula to gently fold together until the ingredients have combined.
- Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.