This Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce is a family favorite. It's delicious for dipping chicken as well as serving as a yummy fry sauce, too.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
When it comes to fast food, Chick-fil-A ranks at the top of the list for my kids. I don't mind at all because I really love it, too. The chicken is admittedly delicious but, so are the variety of sauces they offer. Half of the fun each time we stop in for a quick bite to eat, is picking out which sauces to dip our chicken into for the best flavor explosion. Chick-fil-A sauce is generally the family pick closely followed by honey mustard and Polynesian. One of my sons loves this sauce so much on a recent visit he said, "I wish we could have this at home." Well, that's all it took. Surely, I could come up with a very close homemade Chick-fil-A sauce for us to enjoy. So after quite a bit of experimenting I came up with this, and made my sons very very happy chicken nugget eating campers.
Chill Thoroughly For the Best Flavor
- As with any sauce, this sauce needs to sit to allow the flavors to come together so make it at least 8 hours in advance.
- I store it in a mason jar in my fridge and tend to make it in batches small enough not to have tons left over for a long period of time. To date this has not been an issue it's usually polished off with ease.
- Keep in mind, the amount of smokiness can vary according to which brand of barbecue sauce you use.
- A drop or two of liquid smoke can also give it a smoky flavor punch if you have some on hand.
- We use this sauce on burgers, grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, for dipping french fries, onion rings, veggies and more.
- Other sauces you may enjoy is my Avocado lime Ranch Dressing and Copycat Chick-fil-A Honey Mustard from My Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Tongs, Spatulas and Whisk Set
- Dip On Ice Stainless Steel Serving Bowl
- Tapas Bowls
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
- ⅔ cup real mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp hickory brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1-2 drops liquid smoke [optional]
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until fully combined. Chill for 8 hours or overnight in a tightly sealed container.
- May be stored tightly sealed in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.