This time of year, we all need to enjoy a tasty cool down like this Homemade Lemonade Recipe. This classic summertime drink is so refreshing, and it's sure to revitalize you on a sultry afternoon.
Homemade Lemonade Recipe
There's nothing like seeing a pitcher of lemonade or homemade sweet tea on the table for summertime sipping. Whether you make my seasonal sweet peach tea using frozen peaches as ice, or you're more of a classic sweet tea drinker, it's satisfying nonetheless on a sultry day. See how to make classic sweet tea here on Southern Living.
Helpful Tips for Making Lemonade
Lemonade is super simple to make but, I want to mention a few tips for your lemonade making success.
- Taking the time to make a simple syrup ensures the lemonade will be fully sweetened without any gritty sugar floating in the lemonade. A simple syrup is simply equal parts sugar and water cooked together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Skip bottled lemon juice and use freshly squeezed lemons for the most authentic taste.
- Allow ample time for the lemonade to chill before serving.
- Lemonade can be saved up to 3 days in the refrigerator, but should you use sparkling water, it will become flat. Add sparkling water just before serving.
- Sparkling water can be substituted for filtered water, if desired.
- If you plan to make it ahead, it is best to wait to add in the sparkling water until ready to enjoy or replace the sparkling water with regular drinking water.
- You can add fresh or frozen fruit to the lemonade to make other flavors, if preferred. Some examples are strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and mint.
Other Drink Recipes to Enjoy
Fun drinks can easily be made family friendly or turned into adult only versions adding alcohol of choice. A few other drinks you may consider:
- Easy Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas. These can be served virgin or adult only.
- Pine Apple Lemonade Spritzers
- Sparkling Berry Lemonade
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- Simple Syrup:
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups filtered water (may adjust to taste) (or sparkling water)
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium lemons thinly sliced
- ice, additional lemon slices and mint for serving
- On the stovetop in a small saucepan over medium high heat mix together sugar, water and lemon juice. Heat, stirring until sugar has fully dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Add to a one gallon pitcher with water, lemon juice and sliced lemon. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add ice and serve with additional lemon slices and mint for garnishing, if desired.