This recipe for Honey Roasted Carrots makes the ideal easy side dish for any meal. The sweet honey butter glaze and simple seasonings bring out the natural flavors that’ll have you turning to this recipe over and over again.
Easy Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots are the ultimate holiday side dish, but the simple garden flavors are so tasty that we could eat a plate of these roasted carrots all on their own! Roasting really gives this humble root vegetable the opportunity to shine. The carrots are sweet and buttery with just the right amount of garlic to enhance the flavor. They’re perfect for any occasion but especially during the holidays when you want to add the extra wow factor to your side dishes. Your guests will be asking for the recipe!
How to Make the Best Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Honey Roasted Carrots: Two pounds of carrots top and tail removed and cut on the bias into chunks, butter, honey, minced garlic, salt and black pepper and chopped parsley for garnishing.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large oven safe skillet or baking pan, a vegetable peeler, sharp knife and cutting board and measuring cups and spoons.
- You can adapt the butter for this recipe using a lighter butter and oil combination i.e. Land O Lakes or similar.
- I like to peel the carrots for the caramelization that forms on the sides but to save time you can leave your carrots unpeeled, if you want.
- The carrots should be cut into large bite-sized chunks. If the carrots used are smaller and shorter, you can leave them whole or cut them smaller, if you want to. As always, when changing the size the baking time may need to be longer or shorter.
- I cooked this dish start to finish in a an oven proof enamel coated cast iron skillet. If you don’t have one you can make the butter sauce in a saucepan on the stovetop then transfer everything to a baking sheet lined with baking parchment or sprayed with cooking spray and roast the carrots directly on the pan.
- The carrots should take about 20-25 minutes to be fully roasted. This can vary based on how thick the carrots are. If you would like more color on them you can put them under a broiler for a few minutes at the end and gently turn to caramelize further.
- Adding the extra drizzle of honey after the carrots have roasted just before serving gives the
carrots a lovely glazed look and extra flavor.
- Store leftover Honey Roasted Carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The butter will harden and look congealed after a time, however reheating for 10 minutes in a 350°F oven will melt the butter. The carrots are just as good reheated the following day!
More Southern Side Dish Recipes to Make
If you’re looking for more side dish inspiration look no further, I’ve got you covered! More side dish recipes you may also like to try:
- Old fashioned Creamed Peas recipe is comfort food done right!
- Green Bean Salad is a year-round side dish you can serve with any meal.
- Easy Broccoli Casserole just may have the kiddos eating their vegetables and loving it.
- Crackling Cornbread works for holidays and weekday meals.
- Cranberry Apple Rice Pilaf is filled with toasted pecans and dried sweet cranberries.
- Crockpot Cornbread Dressing will free up oven space on busy cooking days.
- Duchess Potatoes are swirls of mashed potatoes that make any meal special.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 2 lb carrots peeled and cut on the bias
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (Light butter oil and butter combination works)
- 1/4 cup honey plus additional for drizzling for serving
- 4 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots, removing steam and root. Cut them on the bias into 2 inch pieces.
- In a cast iron skillet or similar ovenproof skillet melt together butter with honey and minced garlic. Cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes, stirring continually.
- To the skillet, add carrots, turning to coat on all sides with honey butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven roasting uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender and starting to caramelize and brown. Stir halfway through roasting.
- At the end of cooking, you can broil to brown further to your taste.
- Transfer to a platter or serving dish then drizzle with additional honey and serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley.