This post brought to you by Martha White
These Kickin’ Crab Corn Muffins are made with sweet cornbread filled with jumbo lump crab meat. They’re packed with flavor and guaranteed to delight the cornbread and seafood fans at your table alike.
Kickin’ Crab Corn Muffins and a Cornbread Cook Off
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Kickin' Crab Corn Muffins
- 1 7 oz box Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup Martha White Self-Rising flour
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning [i.e. Seafood Magic or Old Bay]
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 8 oz can cream style corn
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper chopped
- 4 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium green onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz 16 muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the corn muffin mix, self rising flour, seafood seasoning and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, cream style corn, vegetable oil and eggs. Whisk into the dry ingredients until fully moistened.
- On the stovetop over medium-high heat, saute the chopped jalapeno, red bell pepper, green onion with 2 Tbsp butter. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the shredded cheese, crab meat and cooked vegetables to the batter. Mix well. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Serve hot.