This post brought to you by Martha White
These Kickin’ Crab Corn Muffins are made with sweet cornbread filled with jumbo lump crab meat. They’re packed with flavor and guaranteed to delight the cornbread and seafood fans at your table alike.
Easy Kickin’ Crab Corn Muffins Recipe
How to Make the Best Kickin’ Crab Corn Muffins Recipe
These crab muffins are a budget friendly way to serve crab meat to a crowd. The combination with cornbread and seasoned to perfection, elevates this house bread of the South. For this or any gathering, these over-the-top kicking crab corn muffins are sure to be a hit of any special gathering.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe for Crab Corn Muffins: Yellow cornmeal or muffin mix, self-rising flour, seafood seasoning like Old Bay or similar, garlic powder, buttermilk, creamed corn, vegetable oil, large eggs, jumbo lump crab meat, shredded pepper jack cheese, diced jalapeno pepper, red bell pepper, green onion and butter either salted or unsalted.
- Crab meat is pricey we all know this. Even so, it’s important to start with quality crab meat being careful to pick through and remove any debris. I haven’t tested this recipe using imitation crab meat.
- These easy crab corn muffins can also be made in a standard size muffin-cupcake pan. Round cups don’t hold quite as much as the cups of this square pan, so your yield may be greater.
- I use pepper jack cheese to add a kick to these corn muffins. You can adapt using your favorite flavor of cheese, if you prefer a milder approach.
- Store leftover crab corn muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave in single portions.
More Southern Cornbread and Corn Muffin Recipes to Make
Cornbread has many faces and is made with simple pantry ingredients making it accessible to any cook. More cornbread recipes you may like to try:
- Skillet Honey Cornbread is a slightly sweet cornbread that goes well with chili, soup and pinto beans.
- Cornbread and Sausage Quiche is a fusion dish that you can enjoy for any meal.
- Pulled Pork Stuffed Cornbread is a fabulous way to stretch leftovers into another meal.
- Broccoli Cheddar Corn Muffins combines two favorite flavors into one delicious individual size treat.
- You may also like these Spinach Cornbread Bites from Taste of Home.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Kickin' Crab Corn Muffins
- 1 7 oz box Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread and Muffin Mix OR similar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning [i.e. Seafood Magic or Old Bay]
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 8 oz can cream style corn
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper chopped
- 4 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium green onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz 16 muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the corn muffin mix, self rising flour, seafood seasoning and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, cream style corn, vegetable oil and eggs. Whisk into the dry ingredients until fully moistened.
- On the stovetop over medium-high heat, saute the chopped jalapeno, red bell pepper, green onion with 2 Tbsp butter. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the shredded cheese, crab meat and cooked vegetables to the batter. Mix well. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Serve hot.