This post brought to you by Martha White ~ These Kickin’ Crab Corn Muffins are made with sweet cornbread filled with jumbo lump crab meat otherwise known as potluck food done right. I truly love potlucks and potluck food. I was raised attending family and church potlucks regularly. I think it’s the sense of community and sharing that goes along with potlucks that makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy and then there’s the incredible spread of food.
Don’t forget to pop over and see what the others are cooking, you can see their links at the end of the recipe post. For today’s potluck I’m sharing these over-the-top kickin’ crab corn muffins that are sure to be a hit of your special gathering.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me for Martha White. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Visit these sites for more great cornbread recipes:
The Country Cook – Cornbread Waffles With Chili & Fixins’
Spicy Southern Kitchen – Mexican Chicken Cornbread Casserole
Picky Palate – Chicken Taco Cornbread Wedges
Southern Plate – Cornbread Pan Sandwiches
Southern Pantry – BLT Cornbread Salad
Call Me PMC – Cheesy Chorizo Cornbread
Add A Pinch – Stuffed Peppers With Cornbread Crust
Southern Bite – Mom’s Mexican Cornbread
Plain Chicken – Taco Cornbread Muffins
Mommy’s Kitchen – Mom’s Meaty Cornbread Skillet
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Kickin' Crab Corn Muffins
- Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1  oz Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup Martha White Self-Rising flour
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning [i.e. Seafood Magic or Old Bay]
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1  oz cream style corn
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 4 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz 16 muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the corn muffin mix, self rising flour, seafood seasoning and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, cream style corn, vegetable oil and eggs. Whisk into the dry ingredients until fully moistened.
- On the stovetop over medium-high heat, saute the chopped jalapeno, red bell pepper, green onion with 2 Tbsp butter. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the shredded cheese, crab meat and cooked vegetables to the batter. Mix well. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Serve hot. Yield: 16 crab corn muffins