These Broccoli Cheddar Corn Muffins, are a fun and delicious way to incorporate the flavor combo of broccoli and cheese into a bread. They’re superb served with a bowl of beans, soup or even a sidekick to your favorite stew. The slightly sweet corn meal batter and the saltiness of the cheddar cheese pair like a dream in these savory muffins. Serve them with a pat or two, of sweet cream butter any day of the week.
These yummy muffins are a spin off of one of my most simple yet most popular recipes to date here on my blog, my broccoli cheese cornbread. Since my Broccoli-Cheese Cornbread casserole has been so popular, I thought it might be nice to make a muffin version. We enjoy these muffins with a salad, soup, stew, beans or as the bread of choice with any meal.This recipe for the batter is slightly different than the cornbread casserole, due to the fact the batter needs to maintain it’s shape and hold together on it’s own, but, equally simple and so very tasty and a terrific way to get the kids to eat more vegetables.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cheddar Corn Muffins
- 2 cup steamed baby broccoli florets cooled [or roughly chopped]
- 1 [8.5 or 9] oz corn muffin mix [i.e. Jiffy Martha White or similar]
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 4 Tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, reserving the cheese, until thoroughly moistened. Mix-in the cheese last to prevent clumping.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups. using a 4 oz ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean. Serve hot slathered with butter.