This post brought to you by Martha White ~ This Cornbread And Sausage Quiche is a Southern spin on classic quiche. It’s one of those different than expected and ideal for sharing at a potluck. Cornbread forms the base and when mixed with a glorious sausage filled custard and plenty of cheddar cheese it bakes beautifully golden. After resting, cut into wedges and enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee and share it with friends.
Potlucks generate a homespun sense of community. They are inherently purposed to highlight the sheer joy of sharing. The sharing of great company, colorful stories, lots of laughs and of course, plenty of good food. At the invitation of Martha White, today I’m participating in a virtual potluck with 9 other great bloggers. At the end of today’s post, you’ll see links to more tasty cornbread creations from friends afterall, that’s what you do at a potluck. No potluck would be complete without homemade bread and in my opinion, there’s no wrong time of day to enjoy cornbread. So for my contribution to the party I’m sharing this hearty Cornbread and Sausage Quiche. The beauty of this quiche is, it can be served for breakfast or brunch of course but, it’s also fitting to be paired with a salad for lunch or supper. Bake and take it over to a new neighbor to welcome them to the neighborhood or share it for a special family get together. There’s no wrong time of day to enjoy this mouthwatering dish.
Visit these sites for more cornbread inspiration:
Tomato Basil Soup with Cornbread Croutons ,
Cheeseburger Stuffed Cornbread
Chili Cornbread Skillet
Mom’s Mexican Cornbread
Red Beans and Cornbread
Buffalo Chicken Cornbread
Peachy BBQ Chicken and Cornbread Skillet
White Chicken Chili with Cornbread Dumplings
Monte Cristo Cornbread Skillet
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Martha White. The opinions and views are my own. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cornbread And Sausage Quiche
- 1  oz pkg Martha White Cotton Country or Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 1 lb spicy or mild bulk breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- few dashes hot sauce [optional]
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese divided
- Prepare the Martha White buttermilk cornbread per the package instructions. Cube and set aside to cool.
- Cook and crumble the sausage. Drain well.
- Saute the sliced green onion and red bell pepper in 2 Tbsp butter until soft, around 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9 or 10 inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, ground mustard, salt, onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg and a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Add the sauteed vegetables, crumbled sausage, grated Parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese. Pour over the cubed cornbread and gently stir until combined.
- Pour into the pie dish and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Check the quiche at 30 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top if needed to prevent over-browning.
- Allow to rest on the counter for 10 minutes, then cut and serve.