If you savor the delicacy that is jumbo lump crab meat you’ll love the flavor combination in this Kickin Crab Salad. Make this crab salad one day in advance and give it plenty of time to chill and the flavors come to life.
Easy Kickin Crab Salad Recipe
Premium jumbo lump crab meat is pricey, no matter how you use it. It’s one of those special items we tend to enjoy on very special occasions and when eating out. Just the idea of entertaining with a dish that’s made of crab meat and you’ll fully expect to blow through your budget in no time. Dishes like Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and Crab Macaroni and Cheese are delightful to serve for the holidays and this crab salad is a fantastic warm weather option. You may also like to add this Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Imperial from Ask Chef Dennis for another way to enjoy crab meat at home.
How to Make the BEST Kickin Crab Salad Recipe
Being a bargain shopper at heart, my favorite place to buy crab meat these days is, at my local Costco. It’s premium quality and all things considered, it ends up being about the best price in town. So, sweet crab meat without guilt? It doesn’t get any better than that.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Kickin Crab Salad: One pound jumbo lump crab meat, celery, mayonnaise, prepared Ranch dressing, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, green onions, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, garlic salt and few dashes of hot sauce.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and chopping board.
- This recipe uses real crab meat not imitation crab meat.
- If you’d like to add a splash of heat swap out the green bell pepper for poblano pepper.
- This salad features sweet jumbo lump crab meat mixed with a blend of peppers, celery, fresh green onion, mayonnaise and a few dashes of hot sauce to give it a “kick.”
- Crab salad can be prepared one day in advance for holiday entertaining. Serve it to your guests slathered on garlic crostini or your favorite crackers and served for an impressive appetizer.
- Alternatively, serve it in a lettuce wrap or on warm Kaiser rolls as a main dish meal on a warm day.
- One advantage of serving crab this way is, it stretches a bit further keeping your budget on track.
- Store Kickin Crab Salad well chilled in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Make
- Southern Style Chicken Salad for light meals and snacking.
- Cherry Tomato Cucumber Salad is good and good for you.
- BLT Potato Salad is the best of both worlds.
- Up your side dishes with this Cowboy Pasta Salad.
- Southern Ham Salad for sandwiches or to slather on crackers.
- Light and full flavored Easy Fruit Salad can be enjoyed as a side dish or a dessert.
- Strawberry Salad from Simple Joy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Kickin Crab Salad
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning i.e. Old Bay or similar
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green or poblano pepper
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat picked over to remove shells
- Few dashes hot sauce
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, Ranch dressing, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Fold in the red and green pepper, green onion and celery.
- Gently fold in the crab meat and add hot sauce to your taste.
- Chill for 4 hours in an airtight container. Serve with crackers, garlic crostini, or make into lettuce wraps.