When quick meals and snacking are in order refreshing salads like this Kickin’ Shrimp Salad are just the ticket. Fresh seasoned shrimp dressed with a creamy dressing chocked full of flavor and a sprinkling of fresh dill is fantastic served as an appetizer, on croissants and crostini or turned into lettuce wraps.
Kickin’ Shrimp Salad
Seafood salads are super simple to make but, are sometimes thought of as a dining out treat. Seafood can be pricey for everyday meals, I totally understand. That said, when I can get my hands on fresh shrimp at a great price, it’s a thrill to turn it into some our family favorite dishes. There’s nothing more satisfying to my family than a fun shrimp boil , cole slaw topped crispy shrimp rolls or homemade shrimp and grits for supper. I never have to announce that supper is ready twice. Shrimp salad can be dressed up or down according to your taste and the simple preparation makes it suitable for busy day meals.
Other Ways to Enjoy Shrimp
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Kickin' Shrimp Salad
- 1 1/2 lb large raw shell on shrimp deveined
- 2 Quarts water
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning (i.e. Seafood Magic or Old Bay)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Creole or Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp white wine or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion or shallots
- Few dashes hot sauce
- Add the water, seafood seasoning and salt to a deep pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque and the shells turn pink. Remove from the heat and drain in a colander. Peel and cool.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill, vinegar, seafood seasoning, garlic salt, pepper and hot sauce until fully combined.
- Add the shrimp, celery, red pepper, onion and hot sauce. Mix until evenly coated.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Serve on crackers, buns, lettuce or celery for snacking..