This post brought to you by Zatarain's®
This Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil is a spectacular way to bring new life to weeknight meals and has become an absolute personal favorite of mine. Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil - In A Bag makes preparation effortless and takes the guesswork out of balancing flavors. This one-dish wonder includes everything you love about a classic shrimp boil with the twist of being prepared in a slow cooker. It's a one pot meal brimming with plump shrimp, tender red potatoes, sweet corn on the cob and smoked andouille sausage. Zatarain's has been bringing the fun and flavor of New Orleans to our tables for more than 125 years with the tried and true traditional Creole dishes that my family loves.
Shrimp Boils In the South
Shrimp boils are a rite of passage in the South and are often thrown as a casual way to entertain friends and family. National Shrimp Day celebrated on May 10th is quickly approaching and for me, it's the ideal reason to host a shrimp boil soiree at my home. I love using Zatarain's Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil as it seasons the cooking liquid to perfection and it's packed with flavor.
Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
I thrive on finding unexpected ways of preparing classics and dishes like Slow Cooker Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya is yet another example of meal prep done right. Zatarain's has a plethora of products available to transform the most reluctant home-cooks into pro's with dishes that bring the flavor of New Orleans to your kitchen table any night of the week. This shrimp boil is the epitome of simplicity, easy enough for a weeknight meal yet, perfectly suitable for entertaining a crowd. So, spread out some newspapers, roll up your sleeves and enjoy piles of kicked-up Creole shrimp at home.
Visit Zatarain's for more meal time inspiration!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil in a Bag
- 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Spider Skimmer
- Porcelain Serving Bowls
Disclosure - This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Zatarain's®. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- 2 lb petite red bliss potatoes
- 1 3 oz package Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil in a Bag
- 1 medium onion cut into 8 quarters
- 1 small bulb garlic top cut off
- 3 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 3 medium ears corn shucked cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb smoked andouille sausage ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ lb large raw shell on shrimp deveined
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Serve with: lemon wedges melted butter, crusty bread and Zatarain's® Cajun Hot Sauce
- Place the potatoes, Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil in a Bag, onion, garlic, salt, cayenne and lemon pepper into a 6 quart oval slow cooker.Cover with water. Place lid firmly on top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.(Time varies depending on size of potatoes)
- Remove whole garlic bulb. Squeeze a few garlic cloves into the cooking liquid.
- Increase the slow cooker to high. Add to the slow cooker in this order corn, sausage, lemon juice and shrimp.
- Replace lid and cook on high for an additional 35-40 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque and shells turn pink.
- Uncover and stir removing seasoning bag.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley then serve immediately with lemon wedges, melted butter, crusty bread and Zatarain's® Cajun Hot Sauce, if desired.
If using baby red potatoes, use a lesser amount and cook longer.