This post brought to you by Zatarain's®
This Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil is a spectacular way to bring new life to weeknight meals and has become an absolute personal favorite of mine. Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil - In A Bag makes preparation effortless and takes the guesswork out of balancing flavors.
Easy Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil Recipe
Shrimp boils are a rite of passage in the South and are often thrown as a casual way to entertain friends and family. This one-dish wonder includes everything you love about a classic shrimp boil with the twist of being prepared in a slow cooker. It's a one pot meal brimming with plump shrimp, tender red potatoes, sweet corn on the cob and smoked andouille sausage. Zatarain's has been bringing the fun and flavor of New Orleans to our tables for more than 125 years with the tried and true traditional Creole dishes that my family loves.
How to Make the Best Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil Recipe
I thrive on finding unexpected ways of preparing classics and dishes like Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil is yet another example of meal prep done right. This shrimp boil is the epitome of simplicity, easy enough for a weeknight meal yet, perfectly suitable for entertaining a crowd. So spread out some newspapers, roll up your sleeves and enjoy piles of kicked-up Creole shrimp at home.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil: 1 ½ pounds raw shell on shrimp, deveined, red bliss potatoes, mini corn on the cob, onion, garlic bulb, salt, cayenne, lemon pepper, water, lemon juice, smoked andouille sausage, fresh parsley and one package shrimp and crab boil seasoning.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A 6 quart or larger slow cooker, a sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons, a slotted spoon or stainless steel spider to remove from the slow cooker for serving.
- I like to serve this with lemon wedges, crusty bread and melted butter on the side for dipping the shrimp and vegetables.
- It's best to use large or extra large shrimp for slow cooking. Smaller shrimp may become tough and could easily overcook.
- For a shortcut, you can use mini corn on the cob that are typically readily available in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
- Turn leftover slow cooker shrimp into homemade Shrimp Salad, removing the shell of course. Reheat the andouille sausage, red bliss potatoes and corn on the cob in the microwave for a round two meal.
- Store leftovers chilled in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Southern Style Slow Cooker Recipes to Make
The terms, slow cooker and crockpot are used interchangeably. Both are well known for cooking inexpensive cuts of meats, side dishes and even desserts low and slow. More slow cooker recipes you may like to make:
- A big bowl of Slow Cooker Potato Soup with ham is like a bowl of comfort after a stressful day.
- Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes won't heat up the kitchen on hot days.
- Slow Cooked Smothered Swiss Steak is simmered in a rich tomato gravy.
- Slow Cooked Dr Pepper Baby Back Ribs melt in your mouth.
- Rich and flavorful Slow Cooked Spaghetti Sauce makes mealtime preparation a cinch.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil in a Bag
- 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Spider Skimmer
- Porcelain Serving Bowls
Disclosure - This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Zatarain's®. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- 2 lb petite red bliss potatoes
- 1 3 oz package Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil in a Bag
- 1 medium onion cut into 8 quarters
- 1 small bulb garlic top cut off
- 3 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 3 medium ears corn shucked cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb smoked andouille sausage ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ lb large raw shell on shrimp deveined
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Serve with: lemon wedges melted butter, crusty bread and Zatarain's® Cajun Hot Sauce
- Place the potatoes, Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil in a Bag, onion, garlic, salt, cayenne and lemon pepper into a 6 quart oval slow cooker.Cover with water. Place lid firmly on top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.(Time varies depending on size of potatoes)
- Remove whole garlic bulb. Squeeze a few garlic cloves into the cooking liquid.
- Increase the slow cooker to high. Add to the slow cooker in this order corn, sausage, lemon juice and shrimp.
- Replace lid and cook on high for an additional 35-40 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque and shells turn pink.
- Uncover and stir removing seasoning bag.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley then serve immediately with lemon wedges, melted butter, crusty bread and Zatarain's® Cajun Hot Sauce, if desired.
If using baby red potatoes, use a lesser amount and cook longer.