This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe features perfectly seasoned shrimp paired beautifully with a homemade spicy remoulade sauce. They cook in no time flat making them ideal for weekday meals or when entertaining friends and family.
Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
Seafood is one of a delectable candidate for air frying. Why? Well for one, seafood is often breaded and fried with a crispy coating. While these shrimp aren't breaded, they are coated with a flavorful seasoning. The process of air frying makes the coating crispy without a breading. They have the bonus of cooking in minutes and are packed with restaurant quality flavor.
Helpful Tips for Making Air Fryer Shrimp
- The shrimp used in this recipe are large raw shrimp with tails on. If you choose to use a medium or small shrimp, the cooking time would need to be decreased as well.
- Avoid over crowding the shrimp in the air fryer. They should be cooked in batches, in a single layer without touching.
- The remoulade sauce is optional of course but it complements these shrimp beautifully. For the best flavor, whip it up in advance and chill in an air tight container to allow the flavors to fully combine.
- This amounts in this recipe will easily double. If you have time to cook several batches, go for it!
- You can serve these shrimp as an entrée with pasta, with a baked potato and salad or as a delectable appetizer when entertaining.
- Please note: The nutritional analysis includes the remoulade sauce which is optional.
Side Dishes to Serve with Air Fryer Shrimp
As mentioned above, this shrimp can be served as an appetizer or as an entrée. If you plan to enjoy it as a main dish, here are a few side dishes to consider:
- Southern Style Cole Slaw
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
- Cajun Dirty Rice
Other Shrimp Recipes to Add to the Menu
Shrimp is one of our surf side favorites so, you'll find it on our menu year round. A few other recipes you may like to add to your seafood menu:
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
- Shrimp and Cheddar Grits
- Shrimp Dip Recipe
- Sausage and Shrimp Kabobs from Gimme Some Grilling
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Air Fryer Shrimp
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined tail intact
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon seafood seasoning i.e. Seafood Magic or Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- lemon wedges for serving
- Spicy Remoulade Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning i.e. Seafood Magic or Old Bay
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- To make the shrimp: Place shrimp with tails on, in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil then toss with seafood seasoning, paprika, garlic, salt and lemon pepper until evenly coated.
- Spray the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray or brush with oil. Heat to 375°F. Arrange shrimp in basket of air fryer in a single layer, not touching.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes OR until no longer pink. (Keep shrimp warm if cooking in batches.)
- To make remoulade sauce: Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl whisking until combined. Place in an airtight container and chill until serving. This can done the day before or several hours in advance.
- Serve with remoulade garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.