This Lemon Ice Box Pie is made with a homemade vanilla wafer crust and a creamy no bake lemon filling. It's topped with whipped cream and garnished with fresh lemon slices making it certain to appeal to dessert connoisseurs and pie fans alike.
Easy Lemon Ice Box Pie Recipe
How to Make the Best Lemon Ice Box Pie Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Lemon Ice Box Pie: 2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers, granulated sugar and melted butter to make the pie crust. You could also use the same amount of crushed graham crackers, if preferred.
- For the lemon filling you'll need: 2 blocks of plain cream cheese, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, yellow food coloring, whipped cream or frozen whipped topping that's been thawed plus lemon slices for garnishing.
- If you'd like to make this recipe without making your own pie crust you can. To fit the amount of pie filling, you'll need a large 9 inch premade cookie or graham cracker crust usually found in the baking section of the grocery store.
- I use a stand mixer to whip the filling for this pie. That said, you can use a hand mixer, too. The point being, it's important to use a mixer to make the filling smooth and it can't be done by hand.
- Adding a bit of yellow food coloring is for looks only and it won't effect the taste, of course. If you prefer, you could omit it. It fits the color of lemons and hints to the flavor of the pie.
- Allow ample time for the crust to cool before adding the filling. Likewise, allow ample time for the filling to set before slicing.
- You can store this easy lemon pie chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other Southern Style Ice Box Pies Recipes to Make
I can't imagine an occasion when a pie wouldn't be a yummy desert option to serve. More easy pie recipes you may like to try:
- Red Velvet Ice Box Pie is made with red velvet cookies for the crust and the filling.
- No Bake Triple Berry Ice Box Pie is topped with a drizzle of white chocolate and grated white chocolate, too.
- Island inspired Hawaiian Ice Box Pie features a creamy pineapple filling.
- Samoa Ice Box Pie features all of the flavors we love in the classic Girl Scout cookies.
- You may also like this recipe for Strawberry Icebox Pie from Oh Sweet Basil.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon Ice Box Pie
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or whipped topping
- lemon slices and mint for garnishing
- few drops yellow food coloring [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 9 or 10 inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Toss together the vanilla wafer crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter.
- Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of he pie dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and set. Cool completely.
- To prepare the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest whipping until fully combined and smooth. The color of the filling is more ivory than pure yellow. Add a few drops of yellow food coloring, if desired.
- Pour into the cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Chill thoroughly at least 6 hours prior to cutting and serving.
- Garnish with fresh cream or whipped topping and lemon slices.