This Hawaiian Ice Box Pie is a no-bake delight that can be enjoyed year-round. The only difficult part is, waiting for it to chill before devouring.
Hawaiian Ice Box Pie
This island inspired pie is packed with the flavors you might associate with a summer vacation. It’s the type of pie you would find regularly sitting in my Mom’s and my Grandma’s fridge. In particular I remember these types of pies being made for impromptu visits from friends or family. It was standard routine to be prepared to have a little something sweet to go with it to offer to them. Perhaps a generous slice of pineapple cake, warm banana bread, or a piece of pie. Ice box pies that require no baking are a terrific choice for such an occasion, and remain a warm weather favorite at our house.
The inspiration for this ice box pie comes from my friends over at Southern Living Magazine. The pie that inspired this Hawaiian pie is a frozen version. I adapted the ingredients to convert it into an ice box pie that didn’t require freezing to hold together.
- This pie needs to be made and allowed to chill thoroughly preferably overnight, before slicing.
- I top this pie with toasted macadamia nuts to keep with the island theme but, if you prefer pecans or walnuts either would be fantastic as well.
- It’s the kind of dessert that’s meant to be shared, so invite a few friends over and enjoy a low stress sweet tooth satisfying treat. And a few laughs, too.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Chocolate Ice Box Pie from King Author Flour.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Hawaiian Ice Box Pie
- 1 10-inch deep dish graham cracker crust premade
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 small lime juice and zest
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 8 oz jar maraschino cherries sliced plus additional for garnishing
- 1 medium banana cubed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed Or 3 cups fresh sweetened whipped cream
- Whip together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest. Whip for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- By hand fold in the crushed pineapple, sliced maraschino cherries, cubed banana, coconut, and 1/2 container whipped topping.
- Spread evenly into the pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish the top with toasted macadamia nuts and remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional maraschino cherries, if desired.