This no-bake Hawaiian Ice Box Pie is packed with the flavors you might associate with a summer vacation to a tropical island paradise. The inspiration for this ice box pie comes from my friends over at Southern Living Magazine. The pie that inspired this Hawaiian pie is a frozen version. I adapted the ingredients to convert it into an ice box pie that didn’t require freezing to hold together. Perfect for a no-bake summer delight or any time of year you want to put together a fruity tutti dessert with little fuss. To top it off, I toasted chopped macadamia nuts to keep with the island theme but, if you prefer pecans or walnuts either would be fantastic as well.
This is the type of pie you would find regularly sitting in my Mom’s and my Gramma’s fridge. In particular I remember these types of pies being made for pop-in week-end friends or family stopping by for a visit and a glass of ice tea or a cup of coffee. It was standard routine to be prepared to have a little something sweet to go with it to offer to them. Perhaps a generous slice of cake, warm banana bread, or a piece of pie. The flavor of each was typically determined by the season. Everyone who dropped by our house seemed to always end up gathering around the kitchen table to talk, laugh and share the latest happenings in their lives. It made such an impression on me as a little girl that in turn we have an open door policy at our house. Family and friends are always welcome.
Ice box pies that require no baking are a terrific choice for such an occasion, and remain a warm weather favorite at our house. This pie needs to be made and allowed to chill thoroughly preferably overnight, before slicing. It’s the kind of dessert that’s meant to be shared, so invite a few friends over and enjoy a low stress sweet tooth satisfying treat. And a few laughs, too.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Hawaiian Ice Box Pie
- 1  inch pie deep dish graham cracker crust premade
- 1  oz cream cheese softened
- 1  oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1  oz crushed pineapple drained
- 1  oz jar maraschino cherries sliced plus additional for garnishing
- 1 banana cubed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1  oz whipped topping thawed or 3 cup fresh sweetened whipped cream
- Whip together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest. Whip for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- By hand fold in the crushed pineapple, sliced maraschino cherries, cubed banana, coconut, and 1/2 container whipped topping.
- Spread evenly into the pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish the top with toasted macadamia nuts and remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional maraschino cherries, if desired.
The  inch Keebler graham crust I used in this recipe is slightly larger than the standard premade graham cracker crust. On the packaging it states "2 extra servings."