This Hawaiian Ice Box Pie is a no-bake delight that can be enjoyed year-round. The only difficult part is, waiting for it to chill before devouring.
No Bake Hawaiian Ice Box Pie
This island inspired pie is packed with the flavors you might associate with a summer vacation. It's the type of pie you would find regularly sitting in my Mom's and my Grandma's fridge. In particular I remember these types of pies being made for impromptu visits from friends or family. It was standard routine to be prepared to have a little something sweet to go with it to offer to them. Perhaps a generous slice of pineapple cake, warm banana bread, or a piece of pie. Ice box pies that require no baking are a terrific choice for such an occasion, and remain a warm weather favorite at our house.
Ice box Pie Inspiration
The inspiration for this ice box pie comes from years of making pies that don't require cooking to make. There are always those moments that you need something sweet for entertaining, but need to put the majority of your effort into the meal. Pies like this one look fussy, but they come together in a snap.
Helpful Tips for Making Hawaiian Ice box Pie
- This pie needs to be made and allowed to chill thoroughly preferably overnight, before slicing.
- I top this pie with toasted macadamia nuts to keep with the island theme but, if you prefer pecans or walnuts either would be fantastic as well.
- It's the kind of dessert that's meant to be shared, so invite a few friends over and enjoy a low stress sweet tooth satisfying treat. And a few laughs, too.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Chocolate Ice Box Pie from King Arthur Flour.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Hawaiian Ice Box Pie
- 1 10-inch deep dish graham cracker crust premade
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 small lime juice and zest
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 8 oz jar maraschino cherries sliced plus additional for garnishing
- 1 medium banana cubed
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup macadamia nuts pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed Or 3 cups fresh sweetened whipped cream
- Whip together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest. Whip for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- By hand fold in the crushed pineapple, sliced maraschino cherries, cubed banana, coconut, and ½ container whipped topping.
- Spread evenly into the pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish the top with toasted macadamia nuts and remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional maraschino cherries, if desired.