This juicy Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken recipe is sure to become your go-to classic roast chicken recipe. The chicken roasts until beautifully golden, permeated with notes of citrus and the robust flavor of fresh rosemary. Fresh vegetables serve as a baking rack and built-in side dish, too.
Easy Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken Recipe
No matter how you slice it, roast chicken is comfort food. I sometimes make roast chicken in a slow cooker when my schedule is packed and I need to simplify dinner prep. To add to the sheer goodness of this dish, I use mixed fresh vegetables as the baking rack. It’s two-fold in purpose, as it also makes the complementary side dish at the same time. That’s a win in my book.
How to Make the Best Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken Recipe
If you feel intimadated at the thought of baking a whole chicken, you don’t have to be! It’s one of those simple cooking techniques that once you master it, the sky’s the limit with seasonings.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this easy Lemon Rosemary Chicken recipe: One 6 pound whole roasting chicken, garlic salt or plain salt, black pepper, butter, 3 garlic cloves, one lemon cut into wedges, onion, rosemary, baby carrots, cubed potatoes and celery.
- As reflected in the recipe, I use a mix of classic vegetables for this dish. You can adapt the vegetables using your favorite root vegetables to complement the roast chicken. Consider the changes and adjust the cooking time as needed.
- You can also increase or decrease the amount of vegetables. don’t forget to season them to your taste.
- I prefer garlic salt to season the chicken, but plain table salt or kosher salt will also work.
- You don’t have to have culinary training to tie the legs of a chicken. I use a figure 8 formation, wrapping the kitchen twine around the legs and then tying the two ends together into a firm knot.
- It’s important to tuck the wings under to prevent the tips from burning while the lemon rosemary chicken roasts.
- In the unlikely event that there’s chicken leftover, you can turn it into chicken salad wraps using lettuce or flat breads. Once assembled, pop them into the refrigerator and they’re ready for snacking or packing lunches for the office or kids school lunch.
- Store leftover chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Southern Style Chicken Recipes to Make
Chicken whether it’s bone-in, drumsticks or boneless chicken breasts or thighs is typically affordable and readily available at the grocery store. That makes it a common ingredients for meals in my kitchen. More easy chicken recipes you may like to try:
- Delight the family with my recipe for Southern Fried Chicken and Waffles.
- This recipe for Easy Popcorn Chicken is a homemade chicken nugget made with breast meat.
- Chicken and Rice Casserole is a one dish meal.
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings uses frozen biscuits for dumplings for a shortcut hack.
- Baked Chicken Meatballs from Simply Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken
- 1 6 lb whole roasting chicken pat dry
- 1 tsp garlic salt or table salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 large lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 16 oz package baby carrots
- 4 medium potatoes 1/2 inch slices
- 2 ribs celery cut into 3 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large 2 inch deep baking pan with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken inside and out with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff chicken with lemon, 1/2 onion, garlic cloves and 2 sprigs rosemary. Tie legs with cooking twine and tuck wings under.
- Arrange vegetables in pan. Center chicken on top. Season any vegetables not covered by the chicken with additional salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven, baking for one hour. Check top for browning and lay foil loosely on top, if needed. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until juices run clear from thigh and leg portions.
- Rest tented with foil for 20 minutes then carve and serve.