These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables make a spectacular side dish for most any entrée. Made using baby carrots, cauliflower florets, fresh broccoli and red onion drizzled lightly with oil, seasoned and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. Roasted until lightly golden and slightly caramelized they're packed with goodness. The simple preparation yields sensational results.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Mixed Vegetables Recipe
I adore roasting all sorts of vegetables. The roasting process brings out the flavor and natural sugars and it makes them is so much more flavorful. The versatility is amazing and my kids seem to prefer anything with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Yes, even on vegetables. So on a day when you'd like to clean out your vegetable bin this roasted vegetable side dish is the perfect solution. Some days I feel like when I open my fridge I have bits and pieces of ingredients that aren't suitable for cooking on their own. So this vegetable medley along with my vegetable drawer soup and beyond have evolved into some of our most favorite dishes. My family loves having a bit of a different spin off of their favorites, depending on what I have on hand, and I love keeping my budget on track.
Personalize Using Your Favorite Vegetables
- For this vegetable medley you have the opportunity to personalize it to your taste or what you have on hand.
- Parsnips would be a great addition as well as any variety of colorful bell peppers, fresh mushrooms or blanched red potatoes. I always love any dish that fills-up my family and saves grocery money, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
- 1 medium head of cauliflower core removed and florets separated
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium red onion cut into thin wedges
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- black pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Liberally spray 2 baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and onion wedges.
- Drizzle with olive oil, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix well.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then stir and rotate pans if needed. Continue to roast for an additional 20 minutes or until golden and caramelized.
- Immediately drizzle with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.