Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables – I adore roasting all sorts of vegetables. The roasting process brings out the flavor and natural sugars and it makes them is so much more flavorful. The versatility is amazing and my kids seem to prefer anything with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Yes, even vegetables. So on a day when you’d like to clean out your vegetable bin this roasted vegetable side dish is the perfect solution.
Some days I feel like when I open my fridge I have bits and pieces of ingredients that aren’t suitable for cooking on their own. So this vegetable medley along with my vegetable drawer soup and beyond have evolved into some of our most favorite dishes. My family loves having a bit of a different spin off of their favorites, depending on what I have on hand, and I love keeping my budget on track.
For this vegetable medley you have the opportunity to personalize it to your taste or what you have on hand. Parsnips would be a great addition as well as any variety of colorful bell peppers, fresh mushrooms or blanched red potatoes. I always love any dish that fills-up my family and saves grocery money, too.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, core removed and separated
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- black pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Liberally spray 2 baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and onion wedges.
- Drizzle with olive oil, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix well.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then stir and rotate pans if needed. Continue to roast for an additional 20 minutes or until golden and caramelized.
- Immediately drizzle with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.