This recipe for Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans and Ham is a comforting side dish made by a dear friend of mine. It features baby lima beans and ham cooked in a browned butter sauce for an upgrade on a country classic.
Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans and Ham
I'd like to introduce you to my foodie sister and dear friend, Sherri. Sherri and I met when I won the National Flour Power! Baking Competition in 2012. Part of my winning was to attend a live Showcase event held in Franklin Tennessee where I recreated my winning cake in front of a large audience of cooks. Sherri, was the emcee of the event, as a previous winner with her "Smokin' Baby Got Back Ribs." What a fun and unforgettable day we had on the day of the Showcase event. Sherri is an award winning cook whose appeared on the Today Show as well as Food Network , and I'm delighted she's joined me in my kitchen.
Sherri says: "I'm originally from VA and we Southerners love our lima beans, butter beans, pinto beans, heck we just love our beans! I wanted to share this recipe with y'all. I love sharing, swapping, creating recipes. I hope that you enjoy my recipe. It's really quick, easy and delicious. Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but I even made a lima bean sammie with my leftovers....Yes, I indeed went there! It was so, so good. Enjoy. I ♥ U twin. sw☺"
Dishes to Serve with Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans and Ham
These beans go with so many entrees here are a few you can find right here in the MSSK recipe index:
- Crispy Southern Fried Chicken is always a winning option
- Homestyle Delicious Meatloaf
- Easy and quick Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- Skillet Honey Cornbread will turn these lima beans into a complete meal
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans And Ham
- 4 tablespoon butter unsalted-may use more if you prefer
- 1 medium shallot sliced thin
- ⅓ lb cooked ham on bone rough chopped
- 16 oz package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning or seasoning salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon course black pepper
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes optional
- chopped fresh chives to garnish
- Add butter to a large skillet on medium high heat. Whisk butter frequently to prevent burning. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and nutty. Reduce heat.
- Add shallots to skillet and saute for 1 minute. To the skillet add ham continue to saute for another minute.
- Add the lima beans and remaining seasoning to pan. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lima beans are fork tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives and serve.