This recipe for Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans and Ham is a comforting side dish made by a dear friend of mine. It features baby lima beans and ham cooked in a browned butter sauce for an upgrade on a country classic.
Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans and Ham
I'd like to introduce you to my foodie sister and dear friend, Sherri. Sherri and I met when I won the National Flour Power! Baking Competition in 2012. Part of my winning was to attend a live Showcase event held in Franklin Tennessee where I recreated my winning cake in front of a large audience of cooks. Sherri, was the emcee of the event, as a previous winner with her "Smokin' Baby Got Back Ribs." What a fun and unforgettable day we had on the day of the Showcase event. Sherri is an award winning cook whose appeared on the Today Show as well as Food Network , and I'm delighted she's joined me in my kitchen.
Sherri says: "I'm originally from VA and we Southerners love our lima beans, butter beans, pinto beans, heck we just love our beans! I wanted to share this recipe with y'all. I love sharing, swapping, creating recipes. I hope that you enjoy my recipe. It's really quick, easy and delicious. Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but I even made a lima bean sammie with my leftovers....Yes, I indeed went there! It was so, so good. Enjoy. I ♥ U twin. sw☺"
Dishes to Serve with Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans and Ham
These beans go with so many entrees here are a few you can find right here in the MSSK recipe index:
- Crispy Southern Fried Chicken is always a winning option
- Homestyle Delicious Meatloaf
- Easy and quick Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- Skillet Honey Cornbread will turn these lima beans into a complete meal
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans And Ham
- 4 tablespoon butter unsalted-may use more if you prefer
- 1 medium shallot sliced thin
- ⅓ lb cooked ham on bone rough chopped
- 16 oz package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning or seasoning salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon course black pepper
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes optional
- chopped fresh chives to garnish
- Add butter to a large skillet on medium high heat. Whisk butter frequently to prevent burning. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and nutty. Reduce heat.
- Add shallots to skillet and saute for 1 minute. To the skillet add ham continue to saute for another minute.
- Add the lima beans and remaining seasoning to pan. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lima beans are fork tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives and serve.
Hi Dawn! You won't be sorry they're delish! Thanks for your visit. Best, Melissa
Spatulas On Parade
This is on my list of recipes to fix this next week! I saw it on your facebook page 🙂
Dawn from Spatulas On Parade
Fantastic! How about linking it in to Food on Friday: Ham? Have a great week!