Logan’s Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans And Ham – this comforting dish is a friends recipe using baby lima beans and ham and then cooked in a browned butter sauce. I’d like to introduce you to my foodie sister and dear friend, Sherri. Sherri and I met when I won the National Flour Power! Competition. Part of my winning was to attend a live Showcase event held in Franklin Tennessee where I recreated my winning cake in front of a large audience of cooks. Sherri, was the emcee of the event, as a previous winner with her “Smokin’ Baby Got Back Ribs.” What a fun and unforgettable day we had on the day of the Showcase event. Sherri is an award winning cook, and I’m delighted she’s joined me in my kitchen.
Logan's Brown Butter Baby Lima Beans And Ham
- 4 Tbsp [1/2 stick] butter unsalted-more if you prefer
- 1 medium shallot sliced thin
- 1/3 lb cooked ham on bone sliced rough chopped
- 16 oz baby lima beans frozen
- 1 tsp beau monde seasoning or to taste [i.e.seasoning salt]
- 1/2 tsp course black pepper
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes [optional]
- chopped fresh chives to garnish
- Add butter to a medium high heat skillet. Whisk butter frequently to prevent burning.
- Butter will be ready when it's golden brown and nutty. Reduce heat.
- Add shallots to skillet and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ham and continue to saute for another minute.
- Add the lima beans and remaining seasoning to pan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the lima beans are fork tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives.