The Snack Factory, makers of pretzel crisps, published all three recipes in their limited addition cookbook. I hadn’t expected to post this on my blog when I was creating these, so, I don’t have my usual step by step pictures. However, they’re very simple, and I know you can easily recreate them for your next party. If you’d like, you can use this topping on pita crisps, pretzel crisps, or any of your favorite appetizer breads.
Maple-Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Appetizer Sliders
- 36 chipotle cheddar flavored pretzel crisps
- 2 cups of chopped roasted chicken
- 2 cups of hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese blend
- 1 small minced chipotle pepper plus 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 1-2 tsp. maple flavoring
- 6 thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 12 x 18 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange 36 chipotle cheddar flavored pretzel crisps on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a stove top pan, cook the bacon slices until crisp then drain on paper towels. After the bacon has cooled, crumble and set aside.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and thinly slice the green onions.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix together 2 cups of hickory flavored barbecue sauce and 1 minced chipotle pepper and 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce.
- Warm the sauce in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, then stir in 1-2 teaspoons of maple flavoring. Stir well and cool slightly. You can also simmer the sauce on the stove top ahead of time, and chill until you're ready to prepare the sliders.
- To assemble, Arrange 1 teaspoon of chopped chicken on top of each pretzel crisp.
- Drizzle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of barbecue sauce, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of shredded sharp cheddar cheese blend.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, unit the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle each crisp with crumbled bacon and garnish with chopped green onion.
- Serve any remaining maple chipotle barbecue sauce on the side.