When easy app’s are on the menu, look no further than this super simple Maple Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Bites recipe.
Maple-Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Bites are Appetizer Sliders Using Pretzels
We love the sweet maple barbecue and spicy chipotle toppings on these pretzel appetizer sliders. This is one of a trilogy of pretzel crisp appetizers that I whipped up for The Snack Factory Company, pretzel crisps. The Snack Factory, makers of those irresistible little pretzel crisps, published all three recipes in their limited edition cookbook. They also featured these on their packaging and website. While you may not think of pretzels as a foundation for a bite size appetizer, they work like a charm.
Easy Maple Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Bites
As always, when I work for a Brand, I just have to share the recipe here with you all, too. They’re very simple, and I know you can easily recreate them for your next party.
- You can your favorite brand of barbecue sauce for this recipe.
- You can also add more heat with pickle jalapeno or pepper jack cheese in place of cheddar cheese.
- If you’d like, you can use this same maple barbecue chicken and bacon topping on pita crisps, garlic crostini or any of your favorite appetizer breads.
- This is one more fabulous use for those beloved Costco chickens or your favorite supermarket’s ready-made chickens.
- Other easy app’s to try: Caramelized Onion Mushroom Canapes also made with pretzels, Garlic Herb Cheese Canapes and Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Bacon Bites recipe from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Maple Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Bites
Servings: 36 servings
- 36 chipotle cheddar flavored pretzel crisps
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small chipotle pepper plus 1 tsp adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp maple flavoring OR 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 medium thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 18 x 12 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange 36 chipotle cheddar flavored pretzel crisps on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix together 2 cups barbecue sauce with minced chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.
- Warm the sauce in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, then stir in 1-2 teaspoons of maple flavoring or syrup. Stir well and cool slightly. (You can also simmer the sauce on the stove top ahead of time, and chill until you're ready to assemble.)
- To assemble: Arrange 1 teaspoon of chopped chicken on top of each pretzel crisp.
- Drizzle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of barbecue sauce, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, just until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving platter.Sprinkle each crisp with crumbled bacon and garnish with green onion.
- Serve immediately with remaining maple chipotle barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 146IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg