This homemade Blue Cheese Dip is ideal for serving with vegetables, wings, or thinned out with buttermilk and used as a scrumptious homemade salad dressing.
Easy Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
Is it bleu cheese or blue cheese? Short answer is it depends on the origin of the actual product used. This Blue Cheese Dip is most famous for being served alongside classic buffalo wings to cool down the heat. It does do the job beautifully. My family will eat it along with these sweet and spicy Cajun wings, too. Whatever you choose to dip it in, the full flavor is guaranteed to make people smile. It comes together in minutes, but for the best flavor let it chill for several hours for the ingredients to truly combine. You can also make it the day before to save time.
How to Make the BEST Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Blue Cheese Dip: Blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder or granulated garlic, parsely, celery salt, white pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons.
- You can turn this recipe into blue cheese dressing by thinning with buttermilk. Add in small increments and mix then repeat until your desired texture is reached.
- Blue cheese varies in levels of flavor. For a milder blue cheese choose Danish Blue or Gorgonzola or a medium flavored Maytag Blue for the dressing.
- Roquefort and Stilton will result in a stronger more intense flavor. Choose your favorite, but as always, start with a quality blue cheese.
- You can turn this dip into dressing simply by thinning it a bit more with buttermilk.
- You may enjoy this article on Delishably discussing how to select the best blue cheese.
- You can even serve it dolloped on baked potatoes at your next steak dinner. Use a quality blue cheese for the best flavor and allow it to chill thoroughly for the flavors to marry.
- Make the blue cheese dressing one day in advance to give the flavors time to fully marry then dip away. Where there’s wings and football there should always be creamy blue cheese dip.
- Store homemade Blue Cheese Dip chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Dip Recipes to Make
- This recipe for Million Dollar Dip requires no cooking at all.
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a riff on the wings we all love.
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip is perfect for football parties and casual gatherings.
- Classic flavors shine in this Italian Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe.
- Everyone loves a Layered Taco Dip for game day snacking.
- Smokin Pepper Jack Cheese Dip will get the party started.
- Brussels Sprouts Dip from the Minimalist Baker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Blue Cheese Dip
Servings: 2 cups
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper [black if you prefer]
- a few dashes worcestershire sauce
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl except for the blue cheese.
- Whisk together then fold in the blue cheese by hand. Reserve a few crumbles for garnishing.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, preferable 4 or overnight before serving.
To transform this dip into salad dressing, thin with buttermilk, milk or half and half until your desired consistency is reached.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 1129kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 112g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 51g | Monounsaturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 2167mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 476mg | Iron: 1mg