Blue Cheese Dip – This homemade blue cheese dip is what I serve with veggies, wings, or thinned out with buttermilk and used as a homemade salad dressing. It comes together in minutes but, for the best results, give it several hours of chill time for the flavors to truly combine. It’s perfect for dipping or alongside our favorite classic buffalo wings. You can even serve it dolloped on baked potatoes at your next steak dinner. Use a quality bleu cheese for the best flavor and allow it to chill thoroughly for the flavors to marry.
Where there’s wings and football there should always be creamy blue cheese dip!
Blue Cheese Dip
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: 2½ cups
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper [black if you prefer]
- a few dashes worcestershire sauce
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl except for the blue cheese.
- Whisk together then fold in the blue cheese by hand. Reserve a few crumbles for garnishing.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
To transform this dip into salad dressing, thin with buttermilk, milk or half and half until your desired consistency is reached.