Heinz Tomato Ketchup Blended with Sriracha Flavor would taste great on most anything, but chicken immediately came to my mind. These sticky Asian-inspired barbecue chicken drumsticks have been family tested and approved, earning a 5 star rating and a regular spot on our revolving
dinner menu. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Ingredients you’ll need:
brown sugar, packed
red pepper flakes
garlic cloves, minced
green onions, chopped
rice wine vinegar
(14 oz.) Heinz® Tomato Ketchup Blended with Sriracha Flavor
toasted sesame seeds, optional
green onion, root trimmed and cleaned, optional
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and chopped green onions. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of H.J. Heinz. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy. ~ Melissa
Sticky Sriracha Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp.red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp.ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp.sesame oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 1 bottle 14 oz. Heinz® Tomato Ketchup Blended with Sriracha Flavor
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds optional
- 1 green onion root trimmed and cleaned, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and chopped green onions. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry chicken and add to marinade. Cover and place into the fridge and allow chicken to marinate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- To prepare the chicken, preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an oven safe grill pan or broiler pan with cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Discard the marinade. Arrange the chicken pieces on the pan.
- Place chicken into the preheated oven for 20 minutes. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Heinz® Tomato Ketchup Blended with Sriracha Flavor, honey and hoisin sauce. Divide in half and set aside.
- After 20 minutes remove chicken from the oven and brush the chicken pieces with 1/2 of the sriracha barbecue sauce on all sides. Turn the chicken pieces.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes ensuring the chicken reaches 165°F as measured by a thermometer.
- After roasting, increase the oven temperature to broil. Move the oven rack to the upper third of the oven.
- Brush the chicken pieces with additional sriracha barbecue sauce. Broil on each side for 1-2 minutes to char. Do not walk away. Use tongs to carefully turn the chicken.
- After charring, rest for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.