This easy Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe will show you how to skip the fuss of frying and still enjoy the flavor of classic buffalo chicken wings. After baking until crisp and tossed with the buttery buffalo sauce, they’re ready to devour.
Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
When it comes to wings you can’t beat a classic. We love wings for our race day and game day eats, and sometimes just for dinner. Especially on the weekends, when party food is on the menu. At times, I go to the trouble of frying wings in the traditional way of preparation. However, slowly, but surely, baking has become my go-to technique. There’s way less fuss, and clean-up is a breeze. Not only do I bake these buffalo wings but, we also enjoy sweet and spicy Cajun wings made in the oven.
Things to Consider when Making Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- When making wings in this way, you may buy wing sections. In that instance, remove the wing tips and separate at the joint to form 2 pieces. This will result in a wing portion and a drummette for those who prefer one over the other.
- Allowing the wings to soak-in the seasonings overnight will give them a robust flavor. If time doesn’t allow, at least for 4 hours of chill time.
- When placing the wings on the pan, use a paper towel to gently pat dry any moisture that may have formed overnight. This will allow the skin to crisp effectively.
- I’ve made these wings directly on the pan, on a pan fitted with a baking rack, and utilizing a broiler pan. Any way you choose will work, since these wings are seasoned with a dry rub and aren’t baked in a sauce.
- Don’t forget the homemade blue cheese dip and garlic and herb buttermilk dressing for serving. Along with carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers or any of your favorite vegetables for dipping.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken is inexpensive, a healthy menu choice and it’s downright tasty no matter how it’s served. A few other recipes you may like to try:
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Buffalo Wings
- 5 lb wing sections, tips removed
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Dry Rub:
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne more or less to taste
- Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, chili powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper and cayenne.
- Place wings in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss wings with dry rub until evenly coated. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with heavy duty foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray. Alternately, you may bake on a broiler pan or a pan fitted with a baking rack,. sprayed liberally with cooking spray.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on pan leaving space between. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Turn oven temperature to broil during the last 5 minutes to crisp and char. Carefully turn using tongs until desired char is achieved.
- While wings bake, on the stovetop in a small saucepan, melt together butter and hot sauce over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add baked wings to a large bowl and drizzle with sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dip and celery sticks.