These mini Meltaway Brownie Blossoms are a spectacular one-bite sweet treat. A fudgy homemade brownie batter is baked in mini muffin tins then topped with a candy kiss at the very end. The only hard part about these goodies is stopping with only one.
Meltaway Brownie Blossoms and Origin of Brownies
Americans have a long held love for brownies. The question isn't if we love them, but how we love them. Should they be fudgy or cake-like, chewy or soft, do we prefer the edges or a gooey center? There are accounts of brownies being developed and served as far back as the late 1800's by Americans who had developed a love for chocolate. Chocolate itself being first mentioned in the 1600's by British-American colonists who imported it from Europe. I'm so glad our forefathers and mothers had such good taste. A world without chocolate desserts would be a sad place to be.
Meltaway Brownie Blossoms Recipe
These warm bite-size chocolate brownie blossoms, are crowned with a chocolate kiss which melts and becomes a sweet puddle in the center.
- I love it when the kiss melts just a bit in the center, but if you want the kiss to keep it's full shape, let the brownies cool for a few minutes before pressing the kisses into the center. Not completely, or they won't fuse with the warm meltaway brownie.
- Serve them while the chocolate is still gooey in the center or at room temperature, they always disappear one bite at a time.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
Other Brownie Dessert Recipes to Add to the Menu
Brownies in any form always rank at the top of the list for kids of all ages. Other brownie recipes you may like to try:
- Old Fashioned Frosted Brownies
- Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies
- Strawberry Shortcake Brownie Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
- Brownie Truffles from The Pioneer Woman
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Meltaway Brownie Blossoms
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares chopped [i.e. Baker's]
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 48 candy kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 48 mini cupcake cups with mini cupcake liners. [Tip: Depending on how the batter is divided you may be able to yield more than 48 so have extra liners on hand.]
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate and butter. Melt on high for 1 minute, then stop and stir. Repeat until smooth.
- To the melted chocolate add the sugar, eggs, espresso and vanilla. Mix until combined. Whisk in the all-purpose flour and salt mixing until fully combined.
- Divide the batter between the mini muffin cups using a small ice cream, cookie scoop or teaspoon
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and top each with a candy kiss. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes to allow the candy to melt then move onto a cooling rack to cool completely.