Mini Peanut Butter S’mores Pies- You can’t think about s’mores without visions of campfires, scary stories, camping and mosquitoes. Since two of those aren’t particularly appealing to me, sometimes I have to come up with other ways to get that outdoor dessert thrill. Making small batch desserts like these mini peanut butter s’mores pies will hit the campfire sweet spot nicely.
They’re especially suited for those moments when you need something quick, fun and so simple the kids can help with the preparation. It’s a right of passage for kids, every single child should enjoy the sheer decadence and goo that accompanies a s’mores. Standing by the campfire roasting the marshmallow to perfection then crushing it between tow graham crackers and a milk chocolate candy bar. Then of course, enjoying the drips from the first gooey sweet bite. It just makes you happy to be alive doesn’t it? These little pies, are terrific when you have little ones that aren’t quite old enough for the smore’s making ritual and they’re pretty enough to serve for a fun after cookout dessert. No campfire. No leftovers. No worries.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 4 oz marshmallow cream [around ⅔ of 7 oz container]
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 [1.5] oz Hershey bars, broken into sections
- 3 Tbsp crushed graham crackers crumbs
- 3 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a standard cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Unroll the pie crust and using a 5-inch cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds. Re-roll the scraps to make a 5th round.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter and marshmallow cream. Divide evenly between the dough rounds. Spread to within 1-inch of the edge.
- Arrange 5 pieces of chocolate on each.
- Fold the edges up at 1-inch intervals and pinch the dough together.
- Toss the graham cracker crumbs, chopped peanuts and granulated sugar with the melted butter then sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 18 minutes, then sprinkle the tops with mini marshmallows. Increase the oven to the broil setting and broil for 2 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Serve warm.