Nested Pulled Pork Barbecue Potato Skins – These potato nests are so simple to make, and, they bake-up both crispy and delicious. They can be filled with a plethora of things, but today I filled them with pulled pork barbecue from my freezer for an elegant twist on a game day favorite.
(Featured in the 2015 Feb/March issue of Taste of Homes “Simple & Delicious” magazine)
Nested Pulled Pork Barbecue Potato Skins
- 1 [20 oz] pkg refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes [i.e. Simply Potatoes]
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated colby-jack cheese
- 3 cups warm pulled pork barbecue
- 1 [16 oz sour cream
- 6 pieces bacon cooked & crumbled
- chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray 18 muffin cups with butter flavored cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, then add the shredded hash browns, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Divide evenly among 18 muffin cups. Press the potato mixture firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Spray the tops of each nest with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Run a knife or off set spatula gently around each to loosen the edges.
- Fill with shredded cheese, warm pulled pork barbecue, bacon crumbles, sour cream and snipped fresh chives.
- Serve warm.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!