These fun nested Pulled Pork Potato Skins are made with easy to find ingredients and baked in a muffin pan. The result is a crispy golden potato nest that's filled with homemade pulled pork barbecue and topped with sour cream and chives. There's no need to stop there, they can be filled with a plethora of other savory fillings. too depending on the occasion. They're an elegant twist on a game day favorite.
"Nested" Pulled Pork Potato Skins are Made Using a Muffin Pan
Nested Pulled Pork Potato Skins
Servings: 18 servings
- 1 20 oz packages shredded refrigerated hash brown potatoes [i.e. Simply Potatoes]
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites beaten
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups grated colby-jack cheese
- 3 cups warm pulled pork barbecue
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray 18 muffin cups with butter flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, then add the shredded hash browns, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Divide evenly among 18 muffin cups pressing firmly onto the bottom and sides of each muffin cup. Spray the tops of each nest with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Run a knife or off set spatula gently around each to loosen the edges.
- Fill with shredded cheese, warm pulled pork barbecue, bacon crumbles, sour cream and snipped fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.