These fun nested Pulled Pork Potato Skins are made with easy to find ingredients and baked in a muffin pan. The result is a crispy golden potato nest that's filled with homemade pulled pork barbecue and topped with sour cream and chives. There's no need to stop there, they can be filled with a plethora of other savory fillings. too depending on the occasion. They're an elegant twist on a game day favorite.
Nested Pulled Pork Potato Skins are Made Using a Muffin Pan
We call this sort of muffin pan rockstar, party food at our house. Through the years, visitors have often shared with me they're many variation of fillings they've served and their versatility always amazes me. They've stuffed them with salmon and sour cream, taco fixin's or with eggs and cheese for breakfast. Many have taken my original Nested Potato Skins and serve them as a portion controlled side dish with a steak or grilled chicken and pork entrees. My family and friends still light up when they see these nests come to the table. That makes this cook, mighty happy indeed!
Helpful Tips for Making Nested Pulled Pork Potato Skins
- To make things easy, I dress the pulled pork with our favorite barbecue sauce before filling the baked hash brown nests. You can also, drizzle the pork with sauce after putting stuffing the nests, if you prefer.
- When doing so, serve a variety of different sauces on the side for your family and guests to choose their favorite.
- The cheese acts as an edible glue. You can adapt using whatever cheese you have on hand.
- Spray the muffin ups liberally with cooking spray or brush with oil to ensure the hash brown nests will pop out easily.
- After baking, it's helpful to run a knife or offset spatula around the edge t loosen before attempting to remove from the pan.
- These nests can be filled with my Slow Cooked Pulled Pork BBQ.
You may also like:
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Nested Pulled Pork Potato Skins
Servings: 18 servings
- 1 20 oz package shredded refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups grated colby-jack cheese
- 3 cups warm pulled pork barbecue
- 1 8 oz container light sour cream plus additional as needed
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray 18 muffin cups with butter flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, then add the shredded hash browns, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Divide evenly among 18 muffin cups pressing firmly onto the bottom and sides of each muffin cup. Spray the tops of each nest with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Run a knife or off set spatula gently around each to loosen the edges.
- Fill with shredded cheese, warm pulled pork barbecue, bacon crumbles, sour cream and snipped fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 207IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Leave a Reply