This No Bake Lemon Bliss Cheesecake is for the lemon lovers in your life. The name says it all. The mouthwatering crust is made from crushed lemon creme filled cookies mixed with melted butter and pressed into the bottom of a springform pan. It’s then filled with a luscious whipped no-cook lemon cheesecake filing. Add in another layer of cream filled cookies and the only thing left to do is the chillin’. Just before serving, decorate the top with cookies and whipped cream then sprinkle with fresh lemon zest and grated white chocolate for the crowning touch. It’s simple to make and blissful to eat.
This no-bake cheesecake has a lighter texture than a traditional baked cheesecake. It’s creamy and almost mousse-like in texture giving it a pleasing mouth feel. Lemon is one of those “happy” flavors that remind me of warm days filled with sunshine. I admit, I’m a bit of a sunshine girl and prefer warm weather, even super hot days, to the gray days of winter. So, it’s not unusual for me to bake or make something sweet and lemony on a snowy day just to remind myself of the time of year that I love. As fate would have it, some of the most popular desserts to be found in the recipe index here on MSSK are lemon and my Outrageous Lemon Lovers Trifle has taken on a life of it’s own. Other super popular lemon desserts are my Aunt Beulah’s Lemon Lovers Pound Cake and my Lemon Burst Buttermilk Cake perfect with a cup of coffee or hot tea as a mid-morning snack.
The only thing difficult about this lemon cheesecake is allowing it ample time to chill before you dig in. I highly recommend you make it the day before you hope to serve it for the very best results. It’s the perfect sweet ending to any day and the easy make-ahead preparation makes it perfect for low stress entertaining.
You may also like: Lemon Pie Bars, Lemon Scones, Lemon Meringue Cake Roll, Lemon Cream Cheese Brownies, Creamy Lemon Fruit Dip.
No Bake Lemon Bliss Cheesecake
- 2 15.25-oz packages Oreo Lemon Creme filled cookies, divided
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 3 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 22-oz can prepared lemon pie filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure lemon extract
- Topping as pictured:
- 10 Oreo Lemon Creme filled cookies From 2nd package
- 1 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp grated white chocolate
- In a food processor, grind one package of lemon creme cookies to fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter until fully blended.
- Press firmly into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan or similar deep dish pan. (i.e. 8x8 or 9x9 square pan) Place into the freezer to set while prepare the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, lemon pie filling, cream. powdered sugar, lemon zest and extract. Beat until smooth and fluffy and the cream cheese is completely smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture evenly onto the crust. Arrange 15 cookies over the first layer. Pour the remaining filling on top. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove the outer ring from the pan. Use an offset spatula or a knife to smooth the edge of the filling.
- Arrange 10 cookies along the outer edge then decorate with whipped cream as desired.
- Garnish with grated white chocolate and additional lemon zest.