These Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies are the epitome of go big or go home. A made-from-scratch creamy peanut butter cookie dough is filled with oats, chocolate chips and salted peanuts. Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake until golden and crispy around the edges then pour a glass of milk.
Warm Cookies and a Glass of Milk
I’ve never outgrown the thrill of warm gooey chocolate filled cookies and a glass of cold milk. I fully intend to keep it that way, too. Don’t judge me. There seems to be a universal appeal and love for cookies in any way shape an form so, I’m in good company for sure. Perhaps it’s the fact cookie dough is incredibly versatile, or the fact they’re a quick handheld dessert and simple to make. Regardless, I can’t think of a single occasion that cookies wouldn’t be a happy sight nestled among other desserts.
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies
Cowboy cookies are an all-time favorite of ours, because they’re loaded with so much goodness. For my little peanut butter lovin’ cowboys, I lace the cookie dough with creamy peanut butter. In keeping with the peanut butter theme I switched out the pecans, typically found in cowboy cookies with peanuts.When using a medium-size ice cream scoop to divide the dough these cookies bake-up cowboy size. You can make them smaller, but who would want to? They’re amazingly delicious and go down quite nicely straight from the oven with a glass of ice cold milk. You may also like to try these yummy Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies from Mom on Timeout.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth, fluffy and light beige in color. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop to scrape the bowl periodically so all of the ingredients fully combine.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually while beating on low speed, mixing well between each addition.
- Repeat until all of the dry ingredients have been added, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- After all of the dry ingredients have been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat for 1 minute.
- Use a large non-stick spatula to mix in the quick-cooking oats, peanuts, milk chocolate chips and sweetened flaked coconut by hand. The batter will be stiff.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to separate the dough. Place the dough rounds at least 3-inches apart on the baking sheet. Press the centers to flatten slightly for even baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.