These Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies are the epitome of go big or go home. They feature a made-from-scratch peanut butter cookie dough filled with oats, coconut, chocolate chips and salted peanuts. Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake them until golden then pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy.
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies Recipe
I’ve never outgrown the thrill of warm gooey chocolate filled cookies. I fully intend to keep it that way, too. Don’t judge me. There seems to be a universal appeal and love for cookies in any way shape an form, so I’m in good company for sure. Basic cookie dough is incredibly versatile and cookies in any flavor are simple to make. I can’t think of a single occasion that cookies wouldn’t be a treat to make. How to make Easy Cowboy Cookies Recipe:
- Flour – All-purpose flour sifted with baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter.
- Sugar – Light brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter.
- Eggs – Large eggs.
- Flavoring – Vanilla extract.
- Mix-ins – Quick cooking oats, cocktail peanuts, sweetened flaked coconut and milk chocolate chips.
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies
Cowboy cookies are an all-time favorite of ours because they’re loaded with so much goodness. lovin’ cowboys, I lace the cookie dough with creamy peanut butter. They’re amazingly delicious and the perfect sidekick for a cup of coffee, hot tea or ice cold milk.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies? For this recipe you’ll need all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, quick oats, coconut, peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Stand mixer or hand mixer, large bowl, medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, cookie scoop or ice cream scoop and sheet pans.
- Creamy peanut butter works best for these cookies.
- I ue milk chocolate chips in these cookies. You could swap them out using semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
- In keeping with the peanut butter theme, I switched out the pecans typically found in traditional cowboy cookies with peanuts. If you prefer, pecans or walnuts can be used in place of peanuts in the same amount.
- When using a medium-size or 1/4 cup ice cream scoop to divide the dough, these cookies bake-up cowboy size.
- You can make them smaller by using a tablespoon or a smaller cookie scoop to divide the dough. There’s no wrong size just adjust the baking time if the cookies are smaller.
- This peanut butter cookie dough can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator.
- Can I freeze cookie dough? You absolutely can freeze this cowboy cookie dough. Shape the cookies into desired size rounds and place on a baking sheet and freeze. Once they freeze solid, package them in plastic storage bags and you’ll have prepared cookie dough ready to bake a quick batch anytime you like.
- Frozen cookie dough will keep up to 2 months.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
Fill you cookie jar with one of these other varieties of cookies:
- Fusion Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Loaded Up Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches are held together with chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pudding Cookies are packed with goodness.
- Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies can be topped with your favorite fresh fruit.
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies because you can never have too much chocolate.
- Chewy Molasses Cookies.
- Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies from Mom on Timeout.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth, fluffy and light beige in color. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop to scrape the bowl periodically so all of the ingredients fully combine.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually while beating on low speed, mixing well between each addition.
- Repeat until all of the dry ingredients have been added, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- After all of the dry ingredients have been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat for 1 minute.
- Use a large non-stick spatula to mix in the quick-cooking oats, peanuts, milk chocolate chips and sweetened flaked coconut by hand. The batter will be stiff.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to separate the dough. Place the dough rounds at least 3-inches apart on the baking sheet. Press the centers to flatten slightly for even baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.