These Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies are the epitome of go big or go home. A made-from-scratch creamy peanut butter cookie dough is filled with oats, chocolate chips and salted peanuts. Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake until golden and crispy around the edges then pour a glass of milk.
I’ve never outgrown the thrill of warm gooey chocolate filled cookies and a glass of cold milk. I fully intend to keep it that way, too. Don’t judge me. Cowboy cookies are an all-time favorite of ours, because they’re loaded with so much goodness. For my little peanut butter lovin’ cowboys, I lace the cookie dough with creamy peanut butter. In keeping with the peanut butter theme I switched out the pecans, typically found in cowboy cookies with peanuts.When using a medium-size ice cream scoop to divide the dough these cookies bake-up cowboy size. You can make them smaller, but who would want to? They’re amazingly delicious and go down quite nicely right out of the oven with a glass of ice cold milk.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth, fluffy and light beige in color. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop to scrape the bowl periodically so all of the ingredients fully combine.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually while beating on low speed, mixing well between each addition.
- Repeat until all of the dry ingredients have been added, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- After all of the dry ingredients have been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat for 1 minute.
- Use a large non-stick spatula to mix in the quick-cooking oats, peanuts, milk chocolate chips and sweetened flaked coconut by hand. The batter will be stiff.
- Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to separate the dough. Place the dough rounds at least 3-inches apart on the baking sheet. Press the centers to flatten slightly for even baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.