I adore cookies. These rich and buttery these Loaded Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies are one of my favorites and make the perfect sweet ending to any meal. Toffee chips, butterscotch chips and toasted pecans are like a taste of the South in your mouth. Pack them up and take them to a summer picnic or serve them as part of your holiday sweets either way they’re sure to satisfy your sweet craving.
Making cookies from scratch isn’t difficult, in fact, this recipe begins with pantry staples. Combining sugar, butter, flour and eggs really shouldn’t intimidate anyone no matter your baking skill level. This cookie dough is a cinch to make and it freezes like a dream, so it can be made in advance and chilled or frozen and you’ll have dough ready to bake when you’re in the mood for a handheld treat. In my kitchen, ice cream scoops are imperative for cookie making as they separate the dough evenly and help keep cookies more uniform in size. If you want to add them to your kitchen tools choose a high quality well made metal scoop and you’ll be able to use it over and over again. Store these baked cookies at room temperature tightly sealed or eat them all at once. The choice is yours.
Do you love cookies, too?
You may also like: Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Caramel Rum Macaroon Cookies, Butter Pecan Cookies, Chocolate Dipped Pecan Lace Cookies, Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brown Butter Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies, Apple Toffee Pudding Cookies.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened [2 sticks]
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 10-oz package butterscotch baking chips
- 2 cups roughly chopped pecan pieces
- ⅔ cup bits-o-brickle [English toffee bits]
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. until fluffy and light beige in color. About 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically. After all of the flour has been added beat for 1 minute.
- By hand, mix-in the butterscotch chips, pecan pieces and bits-o-brickle until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough. Place onto the cookie sheet at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake in batches for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. [Keep the dough chilled between batches.]
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.