What could possibly be better than a chocolate chip cookie? Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies, of course! These from-scratch chocolate chip cookies are made using semi-sweet, milk and white chocolate chips. Pour a glass of ice cold milk and enjoy one or two at the end of the day for a nostalgic treat that just never gets old.
Easy Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies Recipe
I bake cookies, cakes, pies, cookie bars year-round. Cool weather, warm weather, snow, sleet or rain are all occasions to bake according to the reality in my world. It's my happy place. Long before I began sharing my recipes online, Fridays were well-known as a bake fest at our house. Friends just randomly showed-up at our front door on Friday afternoons on a regular basis. I didn't mind at all, baking and sharing my goodies is as normal to me as breathing fresh air, it brings me such joy.
How to Make the Best Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies Recipe
While I have all sorts and flavors of cookies here on my website, this particular triple chocolate pudding cookie I have never shared before. According to the rules in my kitchen, triple the chocolate chips means triple the chocolate love. What does instant pudding mix do? It actually adds a delicious texture to the baked cookies and can also lengthen the shelf life.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies: All purpose flour, one box of instant vanilla pudding mix, salt, baking soda, butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, large eggs, white chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips for the triple threat combination.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A hand mixer or a stand mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk to sift together the dry ingredients, two large baking sheets, parchment paper, a cookie or ice cream scoop to divide the dough and a spatula and cooling rack to cook the cookies after baking.
- While it may seem like a simple step, it's imperative that you begin this recipe with softened butter so it will incorporate well with the granulated sugar and light brown sugar. You can't overbeat at this stage so cream everything together until they're fully combined.
- Why chill cookie dough? It allows the softened butter to firm so the cookies won't spread too much while baking. Once it's fully chilled, let it sit for a few minutes on the counter before scooping it out for baking.
- You can use any flavor of chocolate baking chips that you enjoy in the same amount. If dark chocolate is your favorite, go for it! Too much of a good thing is actually quite wonderful, after all.
- What makes cookies dry? Overbeating the dough once the flour has been added or overbaking the cookies could both be the culprits.
- To save time, you can make this cookie dough in advance and place it into an airtight container. Store it chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze the dough for up to 2 months. When doing so, you'll have homemade cookie dough ready to bake when you're ready for a treat.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Southern Style Cookie Recipes to Make
Bake a batch of triple chocolate chip pudding cookies to share with your family and neighbors or make some new friends. You'll never be lonely, guaranteed. More delicious cookie recipes you may also like to make:
- Powder sugar coated Snowball Cookies are a holiday must-make.
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies are naturally gluten free and they melt in your mouth.
- Candy bar filled Baby Ruth Cookies are chewy and delicious.
- Glazed Lemon Cookies are filled with a burst of citrus.
- Warm and cinnamon spiced Snickerdoodle Cookies.
- Dainty Chocolate Dipped Pecan Lace Cookies never disappoint.
- White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies won't last long in your cookie jar.
- You may also like this recipe for Orange Creamsicle Cookies from I Am Baker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 2 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy and light beige in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl. After all has been added beat for 1 minute or just until fully combined. The dough will be thick
- By hand mix in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Place into an airtight container and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- To bake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop (about 1 ½ tablespoons) to divide the dough placing at least 2-inches apart on the baking sheet. Use floured fingers to slightly flatten the centers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes them remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.