This no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna proves you can have lasagna for dessert, too! It's a sweet treat that's so lush and delectable featuring layers of a peanut butter cheesecake-like filling, lots of chopped Reese's cups all sandwiched between chocolate graham crackers. The chocolate graham crackers serve as the lasagna "noodles" and the peanut butter cream cheese forms the "cheese" filling. It's topped with a drizzle of chocolate ganache and salted peanuts for crunch.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Recipe
I love to bake most often completely from scratch, but I know many people don't have the time, or perhaps aren't inclined to bake goodies as often as I do. That makes this chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna a winner in every way with the bonus of being super simple to prepare. Just the fact that lasagna is typically a savory dish, it makes it all the more fun to serve this dessert lasagna for special events, holiday gatherings and family cookouts.
How to Make the Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna Recipe
The only special equipment you'll need to prepare this incredible dessert is a mixer and you're good to go. Making it in a rectangular baking dish also makes it easier to transport to a special gathering with friends or an office potluck.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna: Chocolate graham crackers, peanut butter, cream cheese, Reese's cups, milk chocolate chips. heavy cream, salted peanuts, vanilla extract, whipped topping (i.e. Cool Whip or similar) and powdered sugar.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, nut chopper or sharp knife and cutting board, 13 x 9 inch deep baking dish or lasagna pan, rubber spatula, large bowl and small bowl.
- If you prefer, you can melt the chocolate chips to make the chocolate drizzle in a double boiler instead of the microwave.
- You could swap out milk chocolate chips for semi sweet chocolate chips in the same amount.
- Would you like to add more chocolate drizzle or more Reese's cups? Go for it!
- For this dessert, Cool Whip or a similar private label brand of frozen whipped will work best for the filling. While I love homemade whipped cream, it's not as stable as whipped topping. It just doesn't work the best in this instance.
- When whipping the filling, make sure you whip until the cream cheese is completely smooth.
- You could use crunchy peanut butter if that's your preference, but it's not necessary. The chopped peanuts will add texture and a slight crunch to the filling ingredients.
- The best brand of peanut butter to use is one that you already enjoy.
- Please note: The chocolate graham crackers will soften as the ingredients in the dessert come together while chilling. This is a normal occurrence just as they do when making eclair cake using classic graham crackers. It's not an indication that anything went wrong.
- You can store Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Make
Desserts made in a 13 x 9 inch pan are ideal for taking to potlucks, picnics or holiday parties. More sheet pan desserts you may also like to try:
- Chocolate Cherry Eclair Cake taste like a chocolate covered cherry.
- Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Lush is an island inspired dessert you can make year-round.
- Almond Joy Earthquake Cake is a fun cake to make and eat.
- Death by Chocolate Eclair Cake will delight the chocolate fans in your life.
- No trifle bowl required to make this Coconut Cream Cake Pan Trifle.
- No worries about melting ice cream when you make this Drumstick Layered Dessert.
- Chocolate Mint Dream Bars from 365 Days of Baking.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 8 oz softened cream cheese (16 oz total)
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- 1 14 oz box chocolate graham crackers
- 1 12 oz bag miniature peanut butter cups unwrapped and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup salted peanuts roughly chopped
- To prepare the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate chips and ⅓ cup heavy cream together in the microwave until smooth. Melt in 15 second increments stopping to stir periodically. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- To prepare the filling: In a medium-size mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to whip together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, 1 cup heavy cream and vanilla for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Whip in (2) containers of whipped topping ONE at a time. (The filling will be divided into thirds to layer the dessert.)
- To assemble: Arrange one single layer of graham crackers in a 13 x 9 inch deep baking dish. Spread with ⅓ of the peanut butter filling.
- Sprinkle filling with ⅓ chopped peanut butter cups and ⅓ chopped peanuts.
- Gently press the next layer of graham crackers on top and repeat, ending with the final ⅓ of the peanut butter filling.
- Frost the top with the remaining 8 oz whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with remaining peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4-6 hours before cutting. Store chilled.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Hi! Just wanted to share that I couldn’t find chocolate graham crackers either, so I used divided Oreos instead. It was harder to spread the filling, but it came out AMAZING!
Delicious and decadent recipe for sure! Perfect for the holidays!
I made this last night for my Bunko group. It was a huge hit! Everyone wanted a piece to take home, it’s definitely a keeper! How can you go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate, cool whip, nuts and peanut butter cups???
*note - I couldn’t find chocolate graham crackers at any store near me, so I substituted with regular graham crackers, and it still turned out great!
I'm so happy you and your friends loved this, thanks!
This was delicious! I made a half batch recipe and had to use homemade whipped cream (I did not feel like running to the store.) I even added a few leftover candies from Halloween to get rid of them. It has a nice light texture and a wonderful flavor, not overpowering in any area. I will make this again, for sure!! Family loved it!
Sounds great, thanks so much!
I made this at the mom and pop restaurant I bake and cook at and it is gone the same day I can't make it fast enough..I highly recommend it is very rich but so satisfying. It will definitely be a regular dessert in my bake case!!
How much heavy cream goes with the chocolate chips to make the ganach? 1cup or 1/3 cup? I'm guessing the 1\3 cup.
Hi Maurice, yes 1/3 cup goes into the ganache and the remaining 1 cup goes into the filling.
This looks really good, and super easy to make. My question is, the recipe states (3) 8oz whipped topping, but the directions say: beat 2 containers, whip 2 containers, and 1 container for the topping. That is (5) containers not (3). Or, should I divide the (3) 8oz containers into (5) portions.
You need three containers for the recipe. Two for the filling and one to spread on the top.
Seriously a plate full of happiness!
Whoa! What an incredible dessert!
Lori @ RecipeGirl
Such a decadent treat!
This is heaven! Such a crowd pleasing dessert.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter never looked better together! SO yum!!
Oh, looks delicious and perfect for this weekend.
This is what I was searching For, Perfect for upcoming family get together
So happy you found it, hope they enjoy!
I made this for my daughter's birthday, everyone raved about it. My daughter asked if I would make this every year for her birthday!!I made it just as was written , no tweaking, and it was perfect. Thank you so much for sharing.
What an honor, thanks so much for letting me know. Send her my very best.
I made this for our Super Bowl party and it was a major hit. Brought the rest to work and it got eaten up quickly! Thanks for this great recipe, it's a keeper for sure.
So happy you loved this one, thanks!
Can I use regular graham crackers instead of the chocolate ones? I'm having a hard time finding chocolate. I can find chocolate animal crackers though..... will those work?
It will have a different flavor but, you could. I've never made it with animal crackers.
This looks delicious! What could be used as a substitute for the cream cheese??
The cream cheese stabilizes the filling so, it's an intricate part of this dish. I'm not sure there is a substitute.
Could one use mascarpone instead of cream cheese?
swap half the cream cheese for greek yogurt to make it a bit healthier.
Can i make this another way since i am allergic to peanutbutter do u have a way i can do it with milky ways or 3 musketeers
Not with this one, the peanut butter is an intricate part of the filling.
I was wondering if this can be frozen and served at anther time?
I've never frozen this Debbi but, in general desserts like this will freeze well. If you try it, let me know how it goes.
I made this for Christmas Eve, and everyone went crazy over it! My husbands family all asked me for the recipe! I will definitely be making this again.
Oh wonderful, Ashley!