These chocolate dipped 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are a riff on that classic recipe for peanut butter cookies using only three ingredients. Dipping them in chocolate takes these classics to another level. These delights are so simple to make, you can whip-up a batch in no time flat.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
The recipe for these easy peanut butter cookies has been around for many years. They’re perfectly delicious on their own but, dipping them in chocolate gives them another dimension. Plus, it’s chocolate and peanut butter, what could be wrong about that? They’re one of those recipes that I wanted to pass along to my sons, and a great family project, as they need so few ingredients and no special equipment to make.
Tips for Making Chocolate Dipped 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- These cookies contain no flour which makes them a bit delicate. Be gentle when dipping to prevent them from crumbling.
- Also, make sure they are completely cool before you handle them.
- You can also drizzle these cookies with chocolate instead of dipping them, if you prefer.
- I’ve tried this recipe using both crunchy and smooth peanut butter. In doing so, I’ve concluded that smooth peanut butter does better.
- You can dip the cookies in semi sweet, milk or dark chocolate. Go with your personal preference.
- The purpose of the shortening is to thin the chocolate and it remains stable at room temperature.
- Depending on the size of the dough balls, the yield could vary. The size of these cookies before flattening were similar in size to a meatball. You can make them any size you like.
- Another dessert featuring a vintage combo you may like, are these peanut butter and jelly bars from Life in the Lofthouse.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Dipped 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet or two medium baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until fully combined.
- Roll into small bite size balls and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork dipped in remaining 2 Tbsp sugar and gently press cookies using a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt together chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until completely smooth.
- Carefully dip cookies in melted chocolate and lay on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts while chocolate is still wet.
- Let sit until chocolate is set or, you may chill in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Store in an airtight container chilled or at room temperature.