These chocolate dipped Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are a riff on that classic recipe for peanut butter cookies using only three ingredients. Dipping them in chocolate takes these classics to another level. These delights are so simple to make, you can whip-up a batch in no time flat.
Chocolate Dipped Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
The recipe for these easy peanut butter cookies has been around for many years. They’re perfectly delicious on their own but, dipping them in chocolate gives them another dimension. Plus, it’s chocolate and peanut butter, what could be wrong about that? They’re one of those recipes that I wanted to pass along to my sons, and a great family project, as they need so few ingredients and no special equipment to make.
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade chocolate dipped Peanut Butter Cookies: Creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar, large egg.
- To dip the cookies in chocolate you’ll need: Semi sweet or milk chocolate chips, vegetable shortening to thin the chocolate or coconut oil. Dipping the cookies in chocolate is completely optional.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, cookie or ice cream scoop, baking pans and medium microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate.
- These cookies contain no flour which makes them a bit delicate. Be gentle when dipping to prevent them from crumbling.
- Also, make sure they are completely cool before you handle them.
- You can also drizzle these cookies with chocolate instead of dipping them, if you prefer.
- I’ve tried this recipe using both crunchy and smooth peanut butter. In doing so, I’ve concluded that smooth peanut butter does better.
- You can dip the cookies in semi sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. Go with your personal preference.
- The purpose of the vegetable shortening addition to the chocolate chips is to thin the chocolate. It will also remain stable at room temperature.
- Depending on the size of the dough balls, the yield could vary. The size of these cookies before flattening were similar in size to a meatball. You can make them any size you like.
- Store baked Easy Peanut Butter Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Another dessert featuring a vintage combo you may like, are these peanut butter and jelly bars from Life in the Lofthouse.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
- Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle is so easy to make the kids can help.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with Reese’s pieces and chocolate chips.
- Vintage Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are an all time favorite.
- You can make these Cutout Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies into any shape for any occasion.
- White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies are sweet and delicate.
- Delicious French Macarons recipe are crisp and chewy sandwiched together with buttercream.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet or two medium baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until fully combined.
- Roll into small bite size balls and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork dipped in remaining 2 Tbsp sugar and gently press cookies using a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt together chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until completely smooth.
- Carefully dip cookies in melted chocolate and lay on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts while chocolate is still wet.
- Let sit until chocolate is set or, you may chill in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Store in an airtight container chilled or at room temperature.