There's no shortage of pecan pies in the South, and this fudgy Chocolate Pecan Pie doesn't disappoint. The addition of mouthwatering melted chocolate gives this pecan filled pie universal appeal. Serve it chilled, at room temperature or slightly warm with vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Classic pecan pie is widely considered to be one of our signature Southern desserts no matter what part of the South you visit. The filling can vary based on the bakers preference. Some prefer to make the filling with honey, some with molasses, and others with light or dark corn syrup. It typically depends on the preference of the one doing the pie making, just as it should be. Chocolate pecan pie is just as beloved and I simply cannot resist a piece slightly warm with a big dollop of bourbon whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The Fudgy Filling is Irresistible
It seems everyone has their own take on chocolate-pecan pie, and the same is true here at home in my own kitchen. In this pie, delectable pecans and chocolate are combined to form a delightfully rich fudge-like filling. The first taste can only be eclipsed by the glorious smell of the toasted pecans and sweet chocolate chips while baking.This pie is just begging to be served slightly warm with a scoop or two, of vanilla ice cream or a big dollop of fresh whipped cream. Such mouthwatering deliciousness and so easy to make.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust refrigerated, frozen or homemade
- 2 cup pecan halves
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips divided
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla or rum extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spritz a 9-10 inch pie dish with cooking spray. [pictured: 10-inch deep dish pie plate]
- Fit the pie crust into the dish, crimping the edges.
- Pour the pecan halves and 1 cup of mini chocolate chips evenly over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- In the microwave, melt the remaining ½ cup of mini chocolate chips with 2 Tbsp of butter. Melt in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Whisk in the dark corn syrup, and both sugars. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Add 4 large eggs, whisking until fully combined.
- Pour the filling evenly over the pecans and mini chocolate chips.
- Place into the oven and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F for another 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil halfway through cooking to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Cool until warm to the touch before cutting.
- Serve with ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream, if desired.
- Store refrigerated.