This post is brought to you by Karo® Syrup ~ This indulgent Toffee Crunch Pecan Pie with Chantilly Cream is a tasty twist on classic pecan pie. The filling starts with light Karo Syrup mixed with eggs, pure vanilla, butter and light brown sugar which gives the filling a rich caramel-like flavor. The toffee bits pair perfectly with the toasted flavor of the pecans and makes you want to savor every exquisite bite! Add a generous dollop of Chantilly cream and enjoy, you just made your best pecan pie ever.
The basis of the smooth filing for pecan pie is made with Karo Syrup. Some bakers prefer to use light corn syrup and some dark but, either way it’s insanely good. The addition of brown sugar to the light corn syrup in this variation turns it into a toffee lovers dream and it’s my preferred way to make the filling with or without toffee bits. Chantilly cream is the ideal topping and the whimsical name does roll off the tongue more smoothly than fresh whipped cream doesn’t it? During the holiday season plan to serve this toffee crunch pecan pie for a flawless finish to your special celebrations. You’ll be so happy you did.
Disclaimer ~ This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Karo® Syrup. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share products with you that I enjoy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Toffee Crunch Pecan Pie with Chantilly Cream
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, homemade or frozen
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole pecan halves roughly chopped (See Cook's note)
- 1/2 cup bits-o-brickle toffee bits plus1 Tbsp
- Chantilly Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Fit pie crust into dish. Crimp the edges as desired. Set aside. If using frozen, remove from packaging and set on baking sheet.
- Mix together the corn syrup, eggs, brown sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon until fully combined
- Stir in pecans and 1/2 cup toffee bits stirring until evenly distributed. Pour the filling into pie crust.Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp toffee bits.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes until puffed and golden or the filling slightly jiggles when gently shaken.
- Check at 45 minutes and cover the edge of the crust with foil to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- To make the Chantilly cream: Chill metal mixing bowl and beaters.Using an electric mixer beat the cream and vanilla in chilled bowl, gradually adding the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Chill until serving with pie.