This Pineapple Cheeseball features a sweet and salty edge that makes it a favorite appetizer to serve for any special occasion. Enjoy it with crackers, pita chips or vegetables perfect for any time that finger foods are on the menu.
Easy Pineapple Cheeseball Recipe
Cheese balls are considered a bit of an old school appetizer. It’s true, they have been around for a very long time but, to me, they’ll never go out of style. I’d be remiss if they weren’t included on my finger foods menu. People who love tasty appetizers and snacking tend to love anything you can dip or slather onto a cracker. As a host of such events from time to time, I especially love appetizers that can be made in advance to save time. Cheeseballs are one of those appetizers where the flavor seems to get better and better with time. For holidays, game or race day munchies, you can never go wrong with a cheese ball.
How to Make the BEST Pineapple Cheeseball
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pineapple Cheeseball: Plain cream cheese, chive and onion cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, crushed pineapple,chopped red bell pepper, chopped green bell pepper, garlic salt, green onions, chopped pecans.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A hand mixer or stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, cheese grater, silicone spatula and plastic wrap.
- This pineapple cheese ball can be made into one large or two smaller cheese balls. It can also be shaped into a log if you prefer, it’s completely up to you.
- To make the ingredients easier to blend together, it’s important to allow the cream cheese ample time on the counter at room temperature to soften before you begin. It may seem small but it’s important don’t skip it.
- This is one of those times, that it’s best to grate your own cheddar cheese. Sharp cheddar works best.
- The chopped pecans don’t have to be toasted but I highly recommend taking the small amount of time and effort that it takes to do so.
- To toast the Pecans: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pop them into the oven and roast for 6-8 minutes just until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool completely before adding to the cream cheese mixture.
- After making the cheeseball wrap it in plastic wrap and gently shape. Place it into the refrigerator to thoroughly chill and firm.
- This cheeseball can be made up to 2-3 days in advance and kept chilled.
- Serve Pineapple Cheeseball with assorted crackers, pretzels, celery sticks or pita chips.
More Cheesy Appetizers and Cheeseball Recipes to Make
A few other delectable cheeseball recipes to add to your starters menu:
- Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball is coated in fresh herbs for a pop of color.
- There’s never a wrong time to serve up a batch of Southern Pimento Cheese for snacking.
- Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball is a mainstay for game day parties.
- These Cheese Straws are a classic holiday appetizer in the South.
- Easy Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Log is an impressive and simple holiday starter.
- These scratch made Cheese Rolls are impressive.
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball from Wonky Wonderful.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 8 oz block plain cream cheese softened
- 1 8 oz container onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1 8 oz can sweetened crushed pineapple drained
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp green bell pepper finely diced
- 3 Tbsp red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, onion and chive cream cheese, crushed pineapple, and garlic salt.
- Stir in the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, green onion, pecan pieces and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese by hand.
- Shape into 1 large or 2 small balls and roll in the remaining shredded cheddar cheese. [Note: If making 2 smaller cheeseballs extra shredded cheese for rolling may be needed.]
- Wrap in plastic wrap, press to shape and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight, until firm.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips or vegetables.
- If preferred, you can omit the pecans from the cheeseball mixture and roll in toasted pecans instead. When doing so, you’ll need about 1 cup of toasted pecan pieces.
- To toast the Pecans: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pop into the oven and roast for 6-8 minutes just until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool completely before adding to the cream cheese mixture.