Pineapple Cheeseball – This pineapple cheeseball features a sweet and salty edge that makes it a favorite appetizer to make and serve. I do love good appetizers and munchies. Especially ones that can be made in advance and seem to get better and better with time. For holidays, game or race day munchies, I find I can never go wrong with a cheeseball. They will never go out of style in my cookbook.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1  oz cream cheese softened
- 1  oz onion & chive cream cheese softened
- 1  oz sweetened crushed pineapple drained
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp green bell pepper finely diced
- 3 Tbsp red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Using a hand mixer, whip together the cream cheese, onion & chive cream cheese, crushed pineapple, and garlic salt.
- Stir in the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, green onion, pecan pieces and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese by hand.
- Shape into 1 large or 2 small balls and roll in the remaining shredded cheddar cheese. [Tip: If making 2 smaller cheeseballs extra shredded cheese for rolling may be needed.]
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
Alternatively, you can leave the pecans out of the cheeseball and roll the cheeseball in toasted pecans instead. You'll need approximately 1 cup toasted pecan pieces. [To toast: Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Toast in a preheated 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely]