This Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball is a fusion recipe made by combining Southern pimiento cheese with goat cheese, a party appetizer favorite. In it, cream cheese is combined with goat cheese for a bit of a twist. Add a robust seasoning blend, a heaping helping of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced pimientos for a pop of flavor. After shaping the mixture into a log, it’s then rolled in a tasty combination of fresh chives, basil and parsley. Serve it with crackers, pita chips, bread rounds or celery for stylish any time snacking.
Easy Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball Recipe
Pimiento cheese spread is a classic Southern snack that’s often been referred to as Southern pate. It’s so loved at our house, its been elevated to the level of Southern caviar. I can’t remember a time when my Mom and Gramma’s didn’t have a batch of pimiento cheese ready in the fridge for sandwiches, to slather on celery for a quick snack or to enjoy as a dip with pretzels or crackers.
How to Make the BEST Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball: Plain cream cheese, goat cheese, mayonnaise, diced pimientos, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, fresh basil, fresh chives and flat leaf parsley for rolling the cheese ball.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or hand mixer, medium bowl, sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater and silicone spatula.
- What are pimentos? A pimento is a Spanish style of red pepper. They have a distinct flavor and little to no spice that gives Southern pimento cheese its classic flavor profile.
- While goat cheese isn’t typically in classic Southern style pimiento cheese it’s a tasty addition to this version.
- Can I make this pimiento cheese ball in advance? Absolutely yes, you can. You can make it up to 5 days in advance of serving and store it wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
- When making this cheese ball in advance, I recommend that you wait to roll it in the fresh herbs just before serving to maintain the freshness.
- How long can a cheese ball sit out? Cheese balls in general will do fine sitting out for a few hours in a cool place. If you’re serving it outside during the summer, you should shorten the time it’s allowed to sit out especially in really warm weather or if it’s exposed to direct sunlight. If it’s well chilled and covered, it should be okay for an hour or two. Use your best judgment depending on the circumstances.
- Serve this cheese ball at any occasion where small bites are in order with crackers, crostini, pretzels or pita chips.
More Easy Appetizers and Cheese Ball Recipes to Make
Homemade cheese balls, dips and spreads are all party staples and they never go out of style in my kitchen. Other fun cheese ball recipe you may also to try:
- Savory Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball spread for crackers, bread or crostini.
- Use a cookie press to make these Southern Style Cheese Straws.
- Pineapple Cheeseball has that salty sweet vibe you’ll love.
- Baked Pimiento Cheese Tomatoes can be served as a small bite or on sandwiches and burgers.
- Easy Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Log is ideal for your holiday appetizers.
- This Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread is spectacular for quick meals and snacking.
- You may also like this recipe for Beer Cheese Dip recipe from The Cookie Rookie.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 4 oz spreadable goat cheese (not Feta)
- 2 Tbsp real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimientos well drained
- 4 Tbsp snipped fresh chives divided
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh Italian parsley
- Assorted crackers for serving
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, goat cheese, mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp chives, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold in the diced pimientos and shredded cheese by hand until evenly distributed.
- Toss together the remaining fresh herbs.Sprinkle down the center of a piece of plastic wrap.
- Shape the cream cheese mixture into a log and roll in the herbs until coated.
- Place the cheese ball on a clean piece of plastic wrap and shape then wrap tightly.
- Chill overnight. Serve with assorted crackers.