This Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball is a fusion recipe made by combining Southern pimiento cheese with a party appetizer favorite. In it, cream cheese is combined with goat cheese for a bit of a twist, add-in a robust seasoning blend, a heaping helping of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced pimientos. After shaping into a log, it’s then rolled in a tasty combination of fresh chives, basil and parsley. Serve it with crackers, pita chips, bread rounds or celery for stylish any time munching.
Pimiento cheese spread is a classic Southern snack that’s often been referred to as Southern pate. It’s so loved at our house, its been elevated to the level of Southern caviar. I can’t remember a time when my Mom and Gramma’s didn’t have a batch of pimiento cheese ready in the fridge for sandwiches, to slather on celery for a quick snack or to enjoy as a dip with pretzels or crackers. A few years ago, BHG asked me to put a Southern spin on their BHG Peppered Herb Cheese Ball. Needless to say, I was delighted to do so and this pimiento cheese ball was the result. While goat cheese isn’t typically in classic pimiento cheese it’s a tasty addition to this version. Serve this cheese ball at any occasion where small bites are in order with a little Southern love thrown in for good measure.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz spreadable goat cheese not Feta
- 2 Tbsp real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper Optional
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 2-oz jar diced pimientos, well drained
- 4 Tbsp snipped fresh chives divided
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh Italian parsley
- Assorted crackers for serving
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, goat cheese, mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp chives, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold in the diced pimientos and shredded cheese by hand until evenly distributed.
- Toss together the remaining fresh herbs.Sprinkle down the center of a piece of plastic wrap.
- Shape the cream cheese mixture into a log and roll in the herbs until coated.
- Place the cheese ball on a clean piece of plastic wrap and shape then wrap tightly.
- Chill overnight. Serve with assorted crackers.