This Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball is a fusion recipe made by combining Southern pimiento cheese with a party appetizer favorite. In it, cream cheese is combined with goat cheese for a bit of a twist, add-in a robust seasoning blend, a heaping helping of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced pimientos. After shaping into a log, it's then rolled in a tasty combination of fresh chives, basil and parsley. Serve it with crackers, pita chips, bread rounds or celery for stylish any time munching.
Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
Pimiento cheese spread is a classic Southern snack that's often been referred to as Southern pate. It's so loved at our house, its been elevated to the level of Southern caviar. I can't remember a time when my Mom and Gramma's didn't have a batch of pimiento cheese ready in the fridge for sandwiches, to slather on celery for a quick snack or to enjoy as a dip with pretzels or crackers.
Helpful Tips for Making Pimiento Cheese Ball
- While goat cheese isn't typically in classic pimiento cheese it's a tasty addition to this version.
- Serve this cheese ball at any occasion where small bites are in order with a little Southern love thrown in for good measure.
- Another delicious way to enjoy pimento cheese is this recipe for Pimiento Cheese Sausage Dip from The Country Cook.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 4 oz spreadable goat cheese (not Feta)
- 2 Tbsp real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimientos well drained
- 4 Tbsp snipped fresh chives divided
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh Italian parsley
- Assorted crackers for serving
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, goat cheese, mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp chives, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold in the diced pimientos and shredded cheese by hand until evenly distributed.
- Toss together the remaining fresh herbs.Sprinkle down the center of a piece of plastic wrap.
- Shape the cream cheese mixture into a log and roll in the herbs until coated.
- Place the cheese ball on a clean piece of plastic wrap and shape then wrap tightly.
- Chill overnight. Serve with assorted crackers.