Whether you’re planning holiday finger foods or appetizers for bridal or baby showers this savory Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball will add a mouthwatering addition to your menu. Cream cheese filled with shredded cheddar cheese and dried beef, along with the perfect amount of green onion and seasonings, makes the ideal spread for crackers, pita chips or bread rounds.
Easy Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball Recipe
I sometimes think cheeseballs get a bad rap. They were all the rage for decades and then began to be set aside for more updated finger foods. I still love them, and I always include this beef and cheddar cheeseball in our Christmas and New Year celebrations. I also love to make them for ease of preparation as a tasty no-cook appetizer for showers as well as the warmer summer months. They’re ideal for make ahead eats as they actually become even more flavorful when made in advance. It never fails, when I contribute this to a potluck table someone asks me for the recipe.
How to Make the Best Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball: Plain cream cheese, one jar dried beef, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, granulated garlic, salt, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise and chopped and roasted pecans.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A hand mixer or a stand mixer, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a medium bowl and cheese grater.
- How do you make a cheeseball? For this recipe, you’ll cream together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and remaining seasoning. Finely chop the beef then fold it along with the cheese and green onions into the mixture until fully distributed. Roll in chopped pecans and chill. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- The biggest mistake you can make when making a cheeseball is not to let the cream cheese soften adequately. It’s vitally important to let the cream cheese fully soften so it will blend evenly with the seasonings, beef and other ingredients.
- You can swap out full fat cream cheese for Neufchatel cheese, if preferred.
- This cheeseball recipe is one of those moments in the kitchen that really shines when you grate your own cheddar cheese. It only takes a few minutes and the flavor is so much better.
- When planning to serve this cheeseball, I like the flavor best when it’s had time to sit out for a few minutes to soften. Leave it on the counter to soften for around 20-30 minutes prior to serving.
- This cheeseball is tasty served with the bread rounds, pita chips or assorted crackers of your choice.
- Store Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball wrapped in plastic wrap chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Make
Parties are all about the finger foods and people love to visit with each other while enjoying small bites of goodies and drinks. More easy appetizers you may also like to try:
- Praline Pecan Brie en Croute is a family tradition.
- Cheddar Sausage Balls are delicious served with sweet hot mustard for dipping.
- Crab Rangoon are better than any you’ll pay a mint for when dining out.
- This fun Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread is an edible centerpiece served with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
- Southern Cheese Straws are made using a cookie press.
- My homemade Shrimp Cocktail comes with a homemade cocktail sauce and lemon dill sauce.
- Candied Bacon Breadsticks are always a hit.
- Cheddar Cheese Bites from Love Bakes Good Cakes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball
- 1 1/2 cups pecans toasted & chopped
- 2 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 2.25 oz jar dried beef i.e. Armour
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toast the pecan pieces for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together, the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt until light and fluffy.
- Chop the dried beef and finely chop the green onions. Add to the cheese mixture then whip it in just until blended, to avoid pureeing the onion.
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese by hand using a large spoon or spatula.
- Shape into a ball. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll the chilled cheese ball in the toasted chopped pecans and serve with assorted crackers, veggies or pita chips.