Whether you’re planning holiday finger foods or appetizers for bridal or baby showers this savory Beef And Cheddar Cheeseball will add a mouthwatering addition to your menu. Cream cheese filled with shredded cheddar cheese and dried beef, along with the perfect amount of green onion and seasonings, makes the ideal spread for crackers, pita chips or bread rounds.
I sometimes think cheeseballs get a bad rap. They were all the rage for decades and then began to be set aside for more updated finger foods. I still love them, and I always include this beef and cheddar cheeseball in our Christmas and New Year celebrations. I also love to make them for ease of preparation as a tasty no-cook appetizer for showers as well as the warmer summer months. They’re ideal for make ahead eats as they actually become even more flavorful when made in advance. It never fails, when I contribute this to a potluck table someone asks me for the recipe. For the best flavor, leave it on the counter to soften for around 20 minutes prior to serving with the bread rounds, pita chips or assorted crackers of your choice.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Beef And Cheddar Cheeseball
Servings: 1 [1 1/2] lb cheesebsll
- 1 1/2 cups pecans toasted & chopped
- 2 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 2.25 oz jar dried beef i.e. Armour
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toast the pecan pieces for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together, the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt until light and fluffy.
- Chop the dried beef and finely chop the green onions. Add to the cheese mixture then whip it in just until blended, to avoid pureeing the onion.
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese by hand using a large spoon or spatula.
- Shape into a ball. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll the chilled cheese ball in the toasted chopped pecans and serve with assorted crackers, veggies or pita chips.
When using the freshest of dairy ingredients, this cheese ball can be made 3-5 days in advance, and stored tightly wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator.