If you're a fan of pound cake this Pineapple Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze will knock your socks off. The chunky cream cheese glaze adds the crowning touch to this phenomenal made-from-scratch pound cake.
The South's Love of Pound Cakes
Here in the South, we consider recipes for pound cakes family treasures meant to be celebrated and handed down for generations. I have a genuine love for pound cake in every single flavor. It's a love affair that has been lifelong. I can remember climbing up onto a chair to watch my great Aunt make her famous lemon lovers pound cake. As you can imagine, I was most interested in the licking the beaters after she finished but, none-the-less I was hooked. My fondness for pound cake has continued and I have many flavors and variations here on my website that are super popular with bake-from-scratch bakers. Scroll through the recipe index for more flavors here when you have a moment.
Pineapple Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
I developed this moist pineapple variation out of my love of both pound cake and pineapple. As with any classic cake recipe there's always room for experimentation and this is one baking experiment that turned out crazy delicious. If you love island flavors it's a must-make for you, too. Another fun flavor to try is this fun island inspired Key Lime Pound Cake from Barbara Bakes and dreamy Orange Creamsicle Pound Cake from Comfortably Domestic.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pineapple Pound Cake With Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 ½ cup butter softened (3 sticks)
- 2 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pineapple extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Cream cheese glaze:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp crushed pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a standard bundt pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter, sugar, pineapple and vanilla extracts. Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Lower the speed of the mixer and add alternately with the crushed pineapple. After all has been added beat for 1 minute or just until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bounce on the counter to settle.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Then cover the top with a piece of aluminum foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a baking rack before glazing.
- To make the glaze, using a mixer beat cream the softened cream cheese then add the powdered sugar. Continue to beat until combined. Mix in the crushed pineapple by hand.
- Turn the cake from the pan onto a platter then drizzle or frost with the glaze.
- Store chilled until serving.