This Pizza Pasta Salad is as delicious an entree as it is a side dish. Packed with flavor and the pizza flavors we love, it’s certain to add pizzazz to your pasta menu.
Pizza Pasta Salad
Helpful Pasta Salad Making Tips
- I recommend that you prepare this salad and let the ingredients marinate overnight for the most robust flavor.
- In this recipe, using a prepared Italian dressing is a terrific for ease of preparation. If you have a homemade version, by all means use it!
- Make an effort not to overcook the pasta for the best texture.
- You may adapt the mix-ins to your taste. If you prefer jalapenos or poblanos to green bell pepper, switch it out.
- Other pasta salad recipes to try is my homestyle macaroni salad, or BLT macaroni salad and Greek pasta salad.
- You may also enjoy this macaroni and cheese pizza from The Gunny Sack.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz package cavatappi or twisted elbow pasta
- 1 16 oz bottle prepared Italian Salad dressing
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes may adjust to taste
- reserved mushroom juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 6 oz jar marinated or pickled mushrooms reserve juice for dressing
- 1 6 oz jar kalamata olives sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz package mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 leaves fresh basil thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- Cook pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the prepared dressing, reserved mushroom juice, dry oregano and red pepper flakes.
- To the dressing add cooked pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, onion, mozzarella and pepperoni. Toss until combined. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours preferably overnight before serving.
- Stir well before serving garnished with basil.