Pizza Pasta Salad – This pizza pasta salad is dressed with a vinegar and oil dressing. It’s a nice twist on the usual mayonnaise based salad dressings which makes it a super tasty choice for a warm weather picnic or cookout. The crispy vegetables along with the spicy pepperoni are such a fun flavor twist.
Pizza Pasta Salad
- Shortcut dressing:
- 1  oz bottle Italian Salad dressing [your favorite]
- reserved mushroom juice
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes [optional]
- For the salad:
- 1  oz package cavatappi or twisted elbow pasta
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium green pepper thinly sliced
- 1  oz kalamata olives sliced
- 1  oz jar marinated or pickled mushrooms reserve juice
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1  oz mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 leaves fresh basil chiffonade
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the prepared dressing, reserved mushroom juice, dry oregano and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the cooked pasta and remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss until combined.
- Adjust the salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours preferably overnight before serving.
- Stir well before serving.