This Pizza Pasta Salad is as delicious an entrée as it is a side dish. Packed with flavor and the pizza flavors we love, it’s certain to add pizzazz to your pasta menu.
Easy Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
How to Make the BEST Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
Pasta salads can be made with the same amount of any shape of pasta that you enjoy. For this salad I prefer to use pasta with ridges which really grabs onto the dressing for flavor impact.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Pizza Pasta Salad: Twisted macaroni or cavatappi, mushrooms, sliced black olives, pepperoni, green bell pepper, fresh basil, red onion, cubed mozzarella cheese, red onion and salt and black pepper.
- Ingredients you’ll need for the dressing: One bottle prepared Italian salad dressing, juice from mushrooms, crushed red pepper flakes and dried oregano.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Pasta pot, colander, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board, large bowl and whisk.
- I recommend that you prepare this salad and let the ingredients marinate overnight for the most robust flavor.
- You can use another type of pasta for this recipe. Cavatappi has ridges that really clings to the sauce so use another with the same characteristics.
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions in salted water just until al dente. Drain well before adding to the other ingredients.
- In this recipe, using a prepared Italian dressing is a terrific option for ease of preparation. If you have a homemade version, by all means use it! Use your favorite brand and you’ll be pleased with the flavor.
- When cooking the pasta, make a special effort not to overcook the pasta so it won’t be mushy when added to the remaining ingredients. Al dente has the best texture.
- You may adapt the mix-ins to your taste. If you prefer jalapenos or poblanos to green bell pepper, switch it out.
- Store Pizza Pasta Salad well chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Pasta Salad Recipes to Make
Other pasta salad recipes you may like to try:
- Homestyle Macaroni Salad is picnic ready.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a delightful meal on a busy day.
- BLT Macaroni Salad is the best of both worlds.
- This Greek Pasta Salad features mediterranean inspired flavors.
- Tuna Macaroni Salad is a retro favorite.
- Italian Spaghetti Salad is filled with baby spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- You may also enjoy this Tri Color Rotini Pasta Salad from Flavor Mosaic.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz package cavatappi or twisted elbow pasta
- 1 16 oz bottle prepared Italian Salad dressing
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes may adjust to taste
- reserved mushroom juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 6 oz jar marinated or pickled mushrooms reserve juice for dressing
- 1 6 oz jar kalamata olives sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz package mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 leaves fresh basil thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- Cook pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the prepared dressing, reserved mushroom juice, dry oregano and red pepper flakes.
- To the dressing add cooked pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, onion, mozzarella and pepperoni. Toss until combined. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours preferably overnight before serving.
- Stir well before serving garnished with basil.