This Pizza Pasta Salad is as delicious an entrée as it is a side dish. Packed with flavor and the pizza flavors we love, it's certain to add pizzazz to your pasta menu.
Pizza Pasta Salad
This pizza pasta salad is dressed with a vinegar and oil dressing. It's a nice twist on the usual mayonnaise based salad dressings, which makes it a super tasty choice for a warm weather picnic or cookout. The crispy vegetables along with the spicy pepperoni are such a fun flavor twist and you can adapt the ingredients to suit your own taste.
Helpful Pizza Pasta Salad Making Tips
Pasta salads can be made with the same amount of any shape of pasta that you enjoy. For this salad I prefer to use pasta with ridges which really grabs onto the dressing for flavor impact.
- I recommend that you prepare this salad and let the ingredients marinate overnight for the most robust flavor.
- In this recipe, using a prepared Italian dressing is a terrific option for ease of preparation. If you have a homemade version, by all means use it!
- When cooking the pasta, make a special effort not to overcook the pasta so it won't be mushy when added to the remaining ingredients. Al dente has the best texture.
- You may adapt the mix-ins to your taste. If you prefer jalapenos or poblanos to green bell pepper, switch it out.
- Other pasta salad recipes you may like to try is my homestyle Macaroni Salad, or BLT Macaroni Salad and Greek Pasta Salad.
- You may also enjoy this macaroni and cheese pizza from The Gunny Sack.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pizza Pasta Salad
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 16 oz package cavatappi or twisted elbow pasta
- 1 16 oz bottle prepared Italian Salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes may adjust to taste
- reserved mushroom juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 6 oz jar marinated or pickled mushrooms reserve juice for dressing
- 1 6 oz jar kalamata olives sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz package mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 leaves fresh basil thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- Cook pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the prepared dressing, reserved mushroom juice, dry oregano and red pepper flakes.
- To the dressing add cooked pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, onion, mozzarella and pepperoni. Toss until combined. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours preferably overnight before serving.
- Stir well before serving garnished with basil.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 705mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
This looks really good! I think it would be great to add some marinated artichoke hearts too!
A great addition, thanks!
My pleasure, I'm so happy you're finding some to enjoy. I appreciate your kind comment!
Kari La Mee
This looks & sounds quite delicious. I made my first ever pasta salad for a Super Bowl party I went to this year. I was quite impressed with how it turned out & easy it was too make.
I'll have to try this one, might be a great dish for a BBQ.
Thanks Melissa for the great recipes.
Kari La Mee
My pleasure, enjoy Melissa!
Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books
Thanks for the delicious Salad recipe! =)
Pinning to save!