This Pizza Pasta Salad is as delicious an entrée as it is a side dish. Packed with flavor and the pizza flavors we love, it's certain to add pizzazz to your pasta menu.
Pizza Pasta Salad
Helpful Pizza Pasta Salad Making Tips
Pasta salads can be made with the same amount of any shape of pasta that you enjoy. For this salad I prefer to use pasta with ridges which really grabs onto the dressing for flavor impact.
- I recommend that you prepare this salad and let the ingredients marinate overnight for the most robust flavor.
- In this recipe, using a prepared Italian dressing is a terrific option for ease of preparation. If you have a homemade version, by all means use it!
- When cooking the pasta, make a special effort not to overcook the pasta so it won't be mushy when added to the remaining ingredients. Al dente has the best texture.
- You may adapt the mix-ins to your taste. If you prefer jalapenos or poblanos to green bell pepper, switch it out.
- Other pasta salad recipes you may like to try is my homestyle Macaroni Salad, or BLT Macaroni Salad and Greek Pasta Salad.
- You may also enjoy this macaroni and cheese pizza from The Gunny Sack.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz package cavatappi or twisted elbow pasta
- 1 16 oz bottle prepared Italian Salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes may adjust to taste
- reserved mushroom juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 6 oz jar marinated or pickled mushrooms reserve juice for dressing
- 1 6 oz jar kalamata olives sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz package mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 leaves fresh basil thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- Cook pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the prepared dressing, reserved mushroom juice, dry oregano and red pepper flakes.
- To the dressing add cooked pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, onion, mozzarella and pepperoni. Toss until combined. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours preferably overnight before serving.
- Stir well before serving garnished with basil.