A warm slice of spicy pumpkin bread is perfectly delicious on it's own, but you're certain to up the ante with this Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling. Serve it for breakfast, brunch or at tea time for an irresistible seasonal treat.
Easy Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
The flavors we associate with fall just somehow make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie and pumpkin pie spice all seem to encapsulate the definition of seasonal fall desserts. Many of our family favorites include Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle and cream cheese filled Pumpkin Roll just to name as few. Also, fun individual size Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins like these from The Busy Baker are another delicious option. Because of all of these options and more, I never put those spices away and limit their use. They can be used year-round in a plethora of other desserts and quick breads like this cream cheese filled pumpkin bread. Think for a moment, apple pie is just as popular during the summer months as it is during harvest, so you're certain to use apple pie spice again and again.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
I always like to mention a few tips for your baking success. It's always my goal that you be able to recreate this and all of my recipes with ease. The fun thing about the cream cheese filling is it comes out unique in each loaf. I like to think this one is smiling at me!
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade cream cheese filled Pumpkin Bread: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, large eggs, canola oil or vegetable oil, large eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- For the Cream Cheese filling you'll need: Softened plain cream cheese, all purpose flour, granulated sugar, one egg and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A hand mixer or stand mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a large silicone spatula or spoon, a large 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or 2 smaller 8 x 4 inch pans and a whisk to sift together the dry ingredients. It works like a charm.
- When making the cream cheese filling, make certain it's fully combined so it will maintain its integrity while baking.
- When adding the filling to the batter, it's important to leave at least a ½ inch barrier between the cream cheese filling and the edge of the pan for the best result.
- Please note the size of the pan is 9 x 5 inches. If you don't have one that size, divide the dough and filling between two smaller pans. Adjust the baking time as needed.
- I recommend this bread be served chilled and stored in the refrigerator. You can store it for up to 1 week or freeze it for up to 2 months.
More Southern Style Pumpkin Recipes to Make
I've been known to bake a loaf of pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling in the middle of summer. It's just how I roll. That said, if you get your baking on in the fall, I have many delicious options for you try in the recipe index. More pumpkin recipes you may like to make:
- Impress the family with this recipe for Pumpkin Roll with toasted pecans and toffee bits in the swirl.
- Easy and delicious Pumpkin Spice Dip served with graham crackers and gingersnaps for dipping.
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are a treat that delights kids of all ages.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Butter is a tasty start to any day.
- Make your own roasted Homemade Pumpkin Puree for baking this year.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Bread:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spritz a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, flour and vanilla until well blended. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium-size bowl, using the mixer, beat together, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients mixing until fully combined. Pour one half into the prepared pan.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture over batter and gently spread maintaining at least a ½ inch border of batter along the edge. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread portion comes back clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Store leftovers chilled.