A warm slice of spicy pumpkin bread is perfectly delicious on it's own, but you're certain to up the ante with this Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling. Serve it for breakfast, brunch or at tea time for an irresistible seasonal treat.
Fall Flavors Shine in this Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
The flavors we associate with fall just somehow make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie and pumpkin pie spice all seem to encapsulate the definition of seasonal fall desserts. Many of our family favorites include Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle and cream cheese filled Pumpkin Roll just to name as few. Also, fun individual size Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins like these from The Busy Baker are another delicious option. Because of all of these options and more, I never put those spices away and limit their use.They can be used year-round in a plethora of other desserts and quick breads like this cream cheese filled pumpkin bread. Think for a moment, apple pie is just as popular during the summer months as it is during harvest, so you're certain to use apple pie spice again and again.
Things of Note
I always like to mention a few tips for your baking success. It's always my goal that you be able to recreate this and all of my recipes with ease.
- When making the cream cheese filling, make certain it's fully combined so it will maintain it's integrity while baking.
- When adding the filling to the batter, leave at least a ½ inch barrier between the cream cheese filling and the edge of the batter for the best result.
- Please note the size of the pan is 9 x 5 inches.
- I recommend this bread be served chilled.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Bread:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spritz a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, flour and vanilla until well blended. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium-size bowl, using the mixer, beat together, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients mixing until fully combined. Pour one half into the prepared pan.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture over batter and gently spread maintaining at least a ½ inch border of batter along the edge. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread portion comes back clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Store leftovers chilled.