Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
How to Make the Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
The texture of this cake is light and airy and it’s perfectly complimented by the sweet cream cheese filling and raspberry topping. While the technique is a bit unusual, for mixing the ingredients somehow, it magically works and everything comes together. It’s become a go-to in my kitchen, as I’m sure it will become such in yours. For a single serving treat, you may like to try this recipe for Raspberry Muffins from Well Plated.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Raspberry Coffee Cake: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, cream cheese, large eggs, raspberry preserves, toasted almonds and almond extract.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need to make Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake: a 9 or 10 inch tart pan or similar size deep dish pan, a hand mixer or a stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, an icing spatula and a pastry blender.
- This coffee cake can be made into a 9.5 inch or 10 inch round pan. A deep dish tart pan works perfectly and the removable bottom makes removing from the pan a cinch.
- You can adapt this cake recipe using different flavors of preserves. Blueberry, blackberry, strawberry or any of your favorite flavors.
- When baked in a 9 inch pan this coffee cake will yield 8 pieces. A 10 inch pan will yield 10 pieces. Both depending on how thick the pieces are cut.
- Leftover Coffee Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Southern Style Coffee Cake Recipes to Make
Coffee cake is the perfect excuse to have dessert for breakfast. More coffee cake recipes you may also like to try:
- Single layer Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
- Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake is bursting with sweet fresh blueberries.
- Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake features fresh orange zest in the filling.
- Oatmeal Cake with a Broiled Coconut Pecan Topping is an oldie but goodie.
- Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake is a strawberry season favorite.
- This stunning Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake is drizzled with a vanilla glaze.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 3/4 cup salted butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 large eggs divided
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9.5 or 10-inch deep dish spring form tart pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour and 3/4 cup of sugar. Using two forks or a pastry blender, cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove 1 cup, mix with the slivered almonds. Set aside.
- To the remaining mixture add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract and 1 egg. Stir until blended, then spread onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared spring form pan. The mixture should go 2 inches up the side of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and remaining egg. Spread over the crust.
- Carefully spread the raspberry preserves over cream cheese. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until filling is set when gently shaken and the crust is golden brown. Cool on a rack 20 minutes.
- Remove the sides of pan and cool completely. Alternately this cake may be served warm or chilled. Store leftovers chilled.