This Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a delightful way to start your day. A sweet cream cheese filling, raspberry preserves and toasted almonds combine to turn this cake into a trio of sweetness.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Coffee cake makes a spectacular start to any day. Whether it's for a special weekend brunch, the holidays or tea parries with friends. Sometimes, I make a blueberry crumble coffee cake and at times I make a cinnamon pecan filled coffee cake.This raspberry coffee cake recipe was given to me by a sweet neighbor, Linda and it has quickly become a family favorite.I think it's one of life's greatest joys when you have great neighbors and Linda is an all around amazing person. This raspberry cream cheese coffee cake is her recipe and she shared it with me and in turn, I'm sharing with you.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake has a Light and Airy Texture
The texture of this cake is light and airy and it's perfectly complimented by the sweet cream cheese filling and raspberry topping. While the technique is a bit unusual, for mixing the ingredients somehow, it magically works and everything comes together. It's become a go-to in my kitchen, as I'm sure it will become such in yours. For a single serving treat, you may like to try this recipe for Raspberry Muffins from Well Plated.
Tips for Making Coffee Cake
- This coffee cake can be made into a 9.5 inch or 10 inch round pan. A deep dish tart pan works perfectly and the removable bottom makes removing from the pan a cinch.
- You can adapt this cake recipe using different flavors of preserves.
- When baked in a 9 inch pan it will yield 8 pieces. A 10 inch pan will yield 10 pieces. Both depending on how thick the pieces are cut.
- Leftovers should be refrigerated, if there are any leftovers.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Servings: 10 pieces
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar divided
- ¾ cup salted butter cubed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 large eggs divided
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9.5 or 10-inch deep dish spring form tart pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour and ¾ cup of sugar. Using two forks or a pastry blender, cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove 1 cup, mix with the slivered almonds. Set aside.
- To the remaining mixture add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract and 1 egg. Stir until blended, then spread onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared spring form pan. The mixture should go 2 inches up the side of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and remaining egg. Spread over the crust.
- Carefully spread the raspberry preserves over cream cheese. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until filling is set when gently shaken and the crust is golden brown. Cool on a rack 20 minutes.
- Remove the sides of pan and cool completely. Alternately this cake may be served warm or chilled. Store leftovers chilled.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg