Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Trifle – Trifle is such a popular dessert and I always get rave reviews when I serve it. This trifle starts with my Lemon-Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake, then it’s layered with a homemade lemon laced cheesecake mousse and fresh sweet raspberries.
I recently made this trifle to take to our Summer neighborhood block party. I have the greatest neighbors and I wanted to take something for everyone to enjoy. The bowl was returned to me empty and squeaky clean. So this dish has been family and neighbor approved. For the crowning touch top it off with fresh lemon zest and grated white chocolate for a world class sweet treat.
You may also like:
Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Trifle
- 1 Lemon-Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake baked, cooled and cubed
- 3 pint red raspberries. divided
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1  oz can raspberry pie filling [see cook's note]
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cup heavy cream divided
- 2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 large lemon juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp grated white chocolate
- Bake the cake per the recipe, cool and cut into 1-inch cubes. Vanilla or lemon pound cake may be substituted, if desired.
- Separate the raspberries, reserving 2/3 cup to garnish the top. In a medium bowl, toss with 3 Tbsp granulated sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes, then mix with the pie filling.
- In a separate bowl, whip together both softened cream cheese, lemon juice, 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Whip for 2-3 minutes until combined then fold in the lemon zest by hand.
- In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 2 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, more if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form. Fold 2 cup whipped cream into the cheesecake mousse. Reserve the remaining for the topping.
- In a large bowl or trifle bowl, layer the ingredients beginning with cubed cake, raspberry filing then cheesecake mousse. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Frost the top with the remaining whipped cream and garnish with 2/3 cup raspberries, lemon zest and grated white chocolate.
- Chill well until serving.