Stunning and simple to make, this Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle is a spectacular edible centerpiece to add to your trifle collection. It's made with layers of angel food cake, cheesecake and blueberry pie filling that together are certain to make this layered beauty the showpiece of your dessert table.
For The Love Of Trifle
I just can't help myself, if a dessert can be transformed into a trifle, I'm going to make it happen. The very first trifle I ever enjoyed was a traditional English trifle made with sponge cake layered with vanilla custard and fresh fruit. Needless to say, I was hooked from my very first bite. As soon as I was able to navigate the kitchen myself, trifles became a part of my baking reality and I must say, they're here to stay. Some of my most popular trifles you can find here in the MSSK Recipe Index begins with my Outrageous Lemon Lovers Trifle, Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle and Boston Cream Doughnut Trifle just to name a few. They make such an attractive addition to the dessert table and are perfectly suited to be the star ending to any meal. Trifles can hold their own.
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle Making Tips:
- When making this or any trifle, keep in mind each recipe varies in amount and size. My rule of thumb when choosing a trifle bowl, is to go big. There's nothing worse than having more ingredients than you can fit into the bowl. So, start with a 4 quart bowl or larger, to be safe.
- For a timesaver, a bakery angel food cake works perfectly in this recipe if, you don't want to make your own.
- Use a premium fruit filled pie filling for the best end result.
- Assemble the trifle in advance then cover and chill without finishing the top. Decorate the top just before serving so it looks the very best when you present it.
- The flavor of pie filling in this particular trifle can easily be changed without any further adaptations.
- Be creative and have fun. No two trifles look alike so, make your masterpiece the way you like.
Other Trifle recipes you may like to try is this irresistible fresh fruit filled Punch Bowl Fruit Salad Trifle or layered Peaches And Cream Trifle. My magnificent Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle is worthy of any special occasion.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 1 box Angel Food cake mix , plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed OR 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 2 21 oz cans Premium blueberry pie filling
- 1 fresh mint for garnishing optional
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Set aside to cool. Slice cooled cake into 1-inch thick slices, then cube. Divide into thirds and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together both packages of pudding mix with 3 cups of half and half and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl. Whip for 2-3 minutes or just until the pudding is beginning to thicken but, is still pourable. Pour into another bowl. Set aside.
- In the same medium-size mixing bowl cream together softened cream cheese with one container whipped topping. Whip until smooth and fully combined.
- Add the pudding to the whipped creamed cheese mixture. Continue to whip on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth and fully combined.
- To assemble: In a 4 quart or larger trifle bowl layer ⅓ cubed cake, drizzle with ⅓ pie filling, ½ whipped cheesecake. Repeat ending with cake and pie filling.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving frost top with remaining whipped topping and garnish as desired.