When fresh berries are in abundant supply you can never go wrong with a berry filled pound cake for dessert.This homemade Lemon Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is filled with plenty of fresh lemon zest and plump whole raspberries. When combined they become the ultimate lemon-raspberry flavor combo that works for a holiday brunch, mid-afternoon treat or a sweet ending for a summer picnic.
Lemon Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon-Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure lemon extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 pint red raspberries
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a standard Bundt pan or spray liberally with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, lemon and vanilla extracts. Cream for 3 minutes until fluffy and light yellow in color. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Rinse and gently pat dry the raspberries. Toss with 2 Tbsp of all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- Sift together the 2 cup all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the creamed butter alternately with the sour cream. After all has been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat until fully combined around 1 minute.
- Fold the lemon zest and raspberries into the batter by hand.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool in the pan to warm, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store chilled.