This Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle is an absolute delight to make and serve. Layers of red velvet cake, white chocolate cheesecake mousse and toasted pecans hit all the flavor points of red velvet cake with each and every bite. Trifles in any flavor ranks close to the top on my list of favorite desserts. The sky is the limit with variations and when entertaining, they double as a beautiful edible centerpiece as well as making plenty to feed a crowd.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- 1 [16.25] oz box red velvet cake mix plus eggs oil and water to prepare
- White chocolate cheesecake mousse:
- 1  oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 [3.4] oz packages instant white chocolate pudding
- 4 cup half & half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1  oz package white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or 1  oz Cool Whip
- 1  oz white chocolate bar
- 2 cup chopped pecans toasted and divided
- Bake the red velvet cake per the package directions in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Cool completely then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip the cream cheese, both packages of instant white chocolate pudding, half and half, vanilla and powdered sugar. Whip for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate chips with 1/3 cup heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is smooth.
- To assemble in a large serving bowl or large trifle bowl:
- Layer 1/2 of the cubed cake in the bottom of the bowl, then drizzle with 1/2 of the white chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the toasted nuts.
- Spread 1/2 of the white chocolate cheesecake mousse over the pecans.
- Repeat ending with white chocolate mousse.
- Top with with sweetened fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip then garnish with the remaining toasted pecans.
- Grate the white chocolate bar on top. Refrigerate until serving.
- Cook's note:
- To toast the pecan pieces, arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- You May Also Like:
- Red Velvet Snack Cake