This Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle features layers of red velvet cake, white chocolate cheesecake mousse and toasted pecans. It hits all the flavor points of a Southern red velvet cake with each and every bite.
Easy Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
How to Make the Best Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle: One box red velvet cake mix plus ingredients to prepare, instant white chocolate pudding mix, half and half, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, whipped cream cheese, a white chocolate bar and toasted chopped pecans for layering and garnishing the top.
- For the white chocolate ganache you’ll need: White chocolate baking chips and heavy cream. I prefer Ghiradelli.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a 13 x 9 inch cake pan to bake the cake, medium bowl, large bowl and rubber spatula. You’ll also need a vegetable peeler to make the chocolate curls for garnishing the top.
- When it comes to trifle bowls, my rule of thumb is to go bigger rather than smaller. You’ll need a around a 4 or 5 quart or larger for this recipe. You can also use any similar size large glass bowl.
- To keep things simple, I chose to use a boxed red velvet cake mix for the cake layers. If you prefer to make the cake layers from scratch, take a look at my Red Velvet Snack Cake for step-by-step instructions.
- To toast the pecans, spread them on a baking pan in a single layer. Toast in a 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes or just until fragrant. This is an easy step that results in big flavor.
- I like to garnish this trifle with shaved white chocolate and toasted pecans. Should you choose to do the same, you can use a vegetable peeler to shave a white chocolate baking bar or similar using as much as you like, there’s not such thing as too much chocolate in my kitchen.
- If you’re unable to find white chocolate flavored pudding mix, cheesecake flavored would be a great substitute.
- I couldn’t resist drizzling the cake in this trifle with an easy white chocolate ganache. To make it’s simply melted white chocolate baking chips with cream stirring until it’s completely smooth.
- Top with a sprinkling of toasted pecans and then layers of luscious white chocolate cheesecake mousse. It’s simply heavenly.
- You can easily make this Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle one day in advance. Store it chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes to Make
Chocolate is universal in appeal whether it’s white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate. They all have their place in baking. More chocolate dessert recipes you may also like to try:
- Start your morning with Red Velvet Pancakes drizzled with a cream cheese glaze.
- Frosted Red Velvet Brownies is a handheld version everyone will love.
- Say “I love you” with a batch of homemade Red Velvet Cupcakes.
- Black Velvet Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache is a chocolate lovers dream.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake is better than any you’d pay a mint for from a bakery.
- Double Chocolate Red Velvet Chess Bars a.k.a. gooey butter cake can be made by bakers of all skill levels.
- For a special brunch treat you may like to try this recipe from TidyMom for Red Velvet Crepes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- 1 15.25 oz box red velvet cake mix plus eggs, oil and water to prepare
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse:
- 1 16 oz container whipped cream cheese
- 2 3.4 oz packages instant white chocolate pudding
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- White chocolate ganache:
- 1 11 oz package white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream OR 1  oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 4 oz white chocolate bar
- 2 cups chopped pecans toasted and divided
- To make cake: Bake the red velvet cake per the package directions in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cool completely then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- To make cheesecake filling: In a medium-size mixing bowl usei and electric mixer to whip cream cheese, both packages white chocolate pudding mix, half and half, vanilla and powdered sugar. Whip for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- To make white chocolate ganache: Melt white chocolate chips with 1/3 cup heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is smooth.
- To assemble: You'll need a 5 quart or larger serving bowl or large trifle bowl:
- Layer 1/2 of the cubed cake in the bottom of the bowl, then drizzle with 1/2 of the white chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the toasted nuts. Spread 1/2 of the white chocolate cheesecake mousse over the pecans. Repeat ending with white chocolate mousse.
- Top with with whipped cream or thawed whipped topping, then garnish with remaining toasted pecans.
- Grate white chocolate bar on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Store leftovers chilled.