This Salmon Burger recipe is a fabulous way to upgrade your burger menu. In it, fresh salmon is perfectly seasoned then seared in a skillet until each one is beautifully golden. Serve it on toasted buns with your favorite fresh toppings and dressed with a homemade remoulade sauce.
Easy Salmon Burger Recipe
How do you make Salmon Burgers? First, begin this recipe with finely chopped salmon. I recommend that you do this by hand with a sharp knife and cutting board to avoid turning it into pate. Add it to a bowl with eggs to bind, crushed Ritz crackers, finely diced onion or shallot and seasonings per the recipe. Place the salmon burgers on a platter or sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap then chill for 30 minutes. This helps them to hold together when frying. While the burgers chill, mix up the remoulade sauce and pop it into the refrigerator, too. Fry the burgers in a non stick skillet drizzled with oil until they’re golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Enjoy on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato, red onion and remoulade sauce.
How to Make the Best Salmon Burger Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Salmon Burgers: Boneless skinless salmon, shallot (or red onion) lemon juice, parsley, garlic, seafood seasoning (i.e. Old Bay or similar), lemon pepper, crushed Ritz or Saltine crackers, Dijon or whole grain mustard, cayenne pepper, large egg and fresh dill.
- To make the Remoulade Sauce you’ll need: Mayonnaise, capers, Dijon mustard or whole grain mustard, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, fresh dill and hot sauce.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A sharp knife and cutting board, medium bowl, small bowl, measuring cups and spoons, wax paper lined platter or sheet pan.
- You can use your favorite seafood seasoning for this recipe. Please note, the amount of sodium varies from brand to brand so adjust the amount of salt accordingly.
- Salmon burgers should be cooked for 4-5 minutes per side or until an internal temperature of 125°F is reached.
- The homemade remoulade sauce can be made one day in advance and chilled until serving.
- You can use light mayonnaise for less calories for the sauce or replace the sauce with a purchased tarter sauce or seafood sauce for a time saver.
- Salmon burgers are best made and enjoyed. You can reheat them gently in the microwave in an air fryer or in a non stick skillet over medium heat.
- You can make and form the salmon patties and freeze them on a wax paper or parchment lined sheet pan for future meals. They’ll keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- Store any prepared Salmon Burger chilled for up to 2 days.
More Easy Seafood Recipes to Make
- These Cajun seasoned Shrimp Skewers can be made on a grill pan indoors or on a gas grill outside.
- Pan Seared Scallops bathes in a buttery lemon sauce.
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon is good and good for you.
- Crispy Baked Flounder made in minutes in the oven.
- Cozy up to a big bowl of Crawfish Etouffee for supper.
- Southern style Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes.
- Lobster Boil from Food Network.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 1/2 -2 lbs boneless skinless wild caught salmon
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz or saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion or shallot
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning (i.e. Old Bay Seafood Magic, Cajun seasoning or similar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 large egg beaten
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped capers
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard or horseradish mustard (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp Seafood or Cajun seasoning (use the same seasoning used in the burgers)
- few dashes hot sauce optional
- arugula, thinly sliced tomatoes and red onion for serving
- buttered and toasted Kaiser rolls, hamburger buns or brioche buns for serving
- To make Salmon Burgers: Remove skin and bones from salmon. Finely chop using a sharp knife. (Salmon should be minced, not smooth like pate)
- Add to a medium mixing bowl with crackers, shallot, Dijon mustard, parsley, seafood seasoning (Old Bay or similar), lemon pepper, cayenne, garlic and egg.
- Use a large spoon or silicone spatula to mix together until fully combined. Divide the mixture evenly and shape into four 3/4 inch thick round patties.
- Place the salmon burgers on a wax paper lined pan or platter, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- To Fry: Drizzle a large non stick skillet with olive oil. Cook the salmon burgers for 4-5 minutes per side over medium high heat or until they reach an internal temperature of 125°F.
- Serve immediately on buttered and toasted kaiser rolls, hamburger buns or brioche rolls dressed with remoulade sauce, arugula, sliced tomato and red onion or any of your favorite toppings.
- To make Remoulade Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, mustard, chopped dill, seafood seasoning and hot sauce to taste. Mix until fully combined. Cover and chill until serving. (This can be done up to 1 day in advance)